UConn may compete in Spring | The Boneyard

UConn may compete in Spring

Reaction Score
I would be very surprised to see us play in the spring. Maybe a scrimmage or two but I’m pretty confident there will not be a spring season at UConn ..

Reaction Score
Why? One game in the spring? Makes no sense. The football season will be complete over for the rest of the college football.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A single spring game against UMass a possibility...per Randy

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm hearing 1 to 3 games a possibility this spring. Might be more like scrimmages than traditional games and might not be open to the public. Hopefully at least one is a traditional game played at the Rent.

Reaction Score
UMass player pushing

UMass literally can’t play anyone. The coach retweeting all his players on the same day 60 people got laid off is just not where I would go. There are literally no opponents unless you go week by week to play teams that had matchups fall apart.

Reaction Score
UMass player pushing

As a UMass employee I empathize for them. Although much of the cancellation is financial I feel UMass has taken a too conservative approach to the virus. They backed down and last minute decided not to let students back. They have furloughed all but the professors, administrators and athletics. We get tested at least once per week and the positivity rate is .01% They are hell bent on laying people off but have to wait until January.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As a UMass employee I empathize for them. Although much of the cancellation is financial I feel UMass has taken a too conservative approach to the virus. They backed down and last minute decided not to let students back. They have furloughed all but the professors, administrators and athletics. We get tested at least once per week and the positivity rate is .01% They are hell bent on laying people off but have to wait until January.

Sorry to hear that - below just out / athletic program to layoff 57 and work to reduce travel with more localized scheduling going forward.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that - below just out / athletic program to layoff 57 and work to reduce travel with more localized scheduling going forward.

Thanks! Being a Gen Xer I am used to adapting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why? One game in the spring? Makes no sense. The football season will be complete over for the rest of the college football.
So we can go undefeated and win the Spring 2021 national title. Of course

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am sorry but UConn should be playing now just as many others are in the country. I have to put up with BC playing, Syracuse, Pitt, Western Kentucky and Liberty all playing. UConn should be playing, period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom