UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I received confirmation today that UConn will changing its husky into more a meaner looking husky dog. Maybe Herbst thinks a more badass mascot will answer our realignment prayers?

Reaction Score
Are we being teased, cuz it would suck to think we finally dumped the third grade cartoon dog for real?

Reaction Score
Here is the new mascot:

funny-husky.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Any photos of this new mascot? Are they changing the logo too? I hope they don't go too mid-major on the change.

Reaction Score
Any photos of this new mascot? Are they changing the logo too? I hope they don't go too mid-major on the change.

All I know right now is that it's supposed to look much tougher than it does now. Not sure how they're incorporating the logo text.

Reaction Score
All I know right now is that it's supposed to look much tougher than it does now. Not sure how they're incorporating the logo text.

they were saying they were going to go with one text logo for all sports, which is way overdue. I personally hope its the block C the football team wears.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm really worried about the change, actually, and I hope that the change is very minor. I'm one that believes in brand recognition and identity as a way to promote your product, and in this case the product is UConn athletics. If they've made a major change, I'll probably crap myself. If they've made us to look more like the Washington Huskies or even the friggin' NCState Wolfpack, I'll probably stroke out...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is one of the many things i bitch about. need to do a tough husky with teeth. look at the fl gator or the ark piggy for example. the other thing u could do is get rid of the dog and do agressive looking tracks. look at the clemsson paw and do a dog paw which is more of a triangle then the clemson one. either will do i guess.

the u need to drop the white outline from around the block C and also drop any UC stuff. block C everything and get this brand all in the same boat across sports. thats how u build a presence as a brand. i would also be open to dropping the red outline around the U and moving that to the C so that football and bball can compeltely come together between the block c on helmets and the uconn on jerseys.

come on susan, keep it going. i feel like each step can be a good one if we keep momentum going.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
1) Ditch the red
2) Ditch all the 'UC' logos
3) Goes with 2, but the men's and women's basketball logos are different. Use the football block C on their uniforms
4) I think a 'mean' looking Husky would be tacky. I would like a modernized version of this - not the cartoonish looking one we have now.

UConn%2BLogo%2B2.GIF

Reaction Score
It wasn't too many years ago that the Husky was made "softer" and the red tongue added. I didn't like the change and I hope we go back to what we had.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
As a slightly older Husky fan I feel the need to defend the traditional husky logo, tongue hanging out and all. If they unveil a new angry husky with teeth bared I will wave my cane around and say "back in my day, a real man didn't need a tough looking mascot to know how good his team was. You young whippersnapers are goddam insecure, that's your problem."

Reaction Score
I'll say this much. I never bought or wore gear that had the dog on it. All my T-shirts or sweatshirts had Connecticut or UConn on it. Hate the dog. It's too soft, childish. I may not like the new one either, but I'm open to change. And agree with others on the need to unify the lettering across sports.

Reaction Score
One brand identity was one of the things we learned/discussed in my Sports Marketing class my senior year at UConn. To think it's taken them over 4 years to start implementing is mind blowing.

Reaction Score
the change is long overdue. the husky logo is fine for an u8 girl's soccer team, but not uconn. it's cartoonish.

i have no clue what it should be. those who understand brands hopefully do. uconn should also send out a style to media re UConn or UCONN. little things for sure, but just because you're dying doesn't mean you can't lick an ice cream cone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom