UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1) | The Boneyard

UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1)

Reaction Score
Ugh. I will be headed to Logan airport when game starts... hopefully I can maintain cell signal during 2 hour car ride so I can stream from Hulu

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Vous bar is one of the few places that can be mentioned in the same conversation as Teds. Check it out in college park. Don't be Len Bias.
Too soon.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If one has never read his book, “The Other Wes Moore,” you should. It’s a good read and tells you a lot both about him and about growing up in poor, urban largely minority communities.
I read it is part of a class at UConn oddly enough.

Reaction Score
Here's a good preview of Maryland. It could be tough passing against these guys. D-backs are top notch and our o-line and QB both still hard to evaluate. They do not have an experienced QB and that is where our D needs to take advantage. It looks like our running game will be key but we have to achieve some balance. Broken record for us unless a QB really steps up.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
When the UConn Official team store gets the schedule wrong, you may be in for a long year.

IMG_3552.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hello my longtime friends from UConn. I can’t believe it’s been 10+ years since I visited this board. 3 Saturdays and we lace them up. I’ll give you some Terp insight since your last visit. First, if joining the BIG was all about $, we are finally feeling the positive impacts. Took us a few years to get our fair share but it’s having the positive impact.

Strengths this year. Defense. We are BIG, fast and experienced. 3 straight years of overall improvement and we return the majority of the core.

Skill players. All return.

Unknowns - OL and QB. We once had a 2nd string linebacker play QB due to injury so having Lia force years was a luxury. This will be our first year with a new qb. There is plenty of talent, I just don’t know.

OL. We’ve sent 4 linemen to the NFL via draft the past two years. Bad news, we returned ZERO starters this year. The transfer portal has been very good to us but again a big unknown. The only known component is our size. Locks has done a great job of building size in our OL. We will look the part, but being a first game they will be vulnerable.

Expectations. 3 straight bowl wins (VT, NC State and bullying Auburn) along with strong recruiting and the transfer portal has fans feeling giddy. Seeing someone other than Lia under center will be interesting. My guess to this game, closer than the spread suggest.

For those coming to the game, College Park has been going through a complete makeover the past 10 years. Much better experience

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Just got my tailgate ticket!

Reaction Score
Oops... i meant to get UConn specific tickets. I'll find a way in... lazy lazy lazy...

Reaction Score
For those in the area looking for beer stops... if coming down 95/BWI you've got Sapwood Cellars (Hazy) (Columbia), Cushwa (Hazy/Sours) (Columbia), and Jailbreak (Laurel). Closer to College Park you have Silver Branch and Third Moon (Silver Spring), Streetcar82 and Franklins (Hyattsville), and you have Denizens (Riverdale).

I can drop more beer info if people are making longer trips or more DC centric trips.

Reaction Score
Watching the Florida St G-Tech game. I didn't realize they added the 2 minute warning(they call it a 2 minute time out)to CFB.

Reaction Score
Watching the Florida St G-Tech game. I didn't realize they added the 2 minute warning(they call it a 2 minute time out)to CFB.
Yeah. It's all getting stupid. Money people suck the fun out of everything

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom