UConn/Louisville series to start next year, maybe | The Boneyard

UConn/Louisville series to start next year, maybe

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
#1 vs. #2....Samuelson vs. Durr, class of 2015 Hoopgurlz and the winner will be....KLS!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Good news. With the NCAA tournament selection committee heavily weighting SOS, it will be important for UConn to routinely set up a tough non-conference schedule each and every season. UConn never wants to be in a position like MD is this year, being penalized for a weak SOS once they settle into their conference schedule.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Jeff Waltz should have done like Kim Mulkey, schedule UConn this season, and don't commit to next season.
With the squad UConn will have next season, good luck with that. Jeff Waltz and Louisville will be in for a surprise.

Note to Jeff,
Please do not try the trick you used against Duke.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Note to Jeff,
Please do not try the trick you used against Duke.
As the master, I expect Geno will be well prepared by having the Huskies go out on the floor 1st, defend the wrong basket, let Louisville score on the wrong basket and as they are running back on defense pass the ball in directly under the same basket for an uncontested layup before Louisville finally realizes that they just gave up 4 quick points to the Huskies. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jeff Waltz should have done like Kim Mulkey, schedule UConn this season, and don't commit to next season.
With the squad UConn will have next season, good luck with that. Jeff Waltz and Louisville will be in for a surprise.

Note to Jeff, Please do not try the trick you used against Duke.
So UCONN does not play Baylor next year?
I forget where it was reported (SNY??0 but apparently Jeff tried that same trick on Geno a while ago and it di not work.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So UCONN does not play Baylor next year?
I forget where it was reported (SNY??0 but apparently Jeff tried that same trick on Geno a while ago and it di not work.
I thought it was home & home. Hard to imagine that Kim would agree to play UConn in Storrs without a return engagement in Waco?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As announced in the New Haven Register on 12/17/15:

UConn recently signed a contract for a home-and-home series with No. 4 Baylor.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. The last thing I heard was Kim Mulkey just agreed to this season. Jeff was caught by the ref against UConn, but that don't mean he wouldn't try again.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I believe it has been stated on other threads that the Waco game in the Baylor series is for the 2018-19 season rather than next season, and the two teams take a hiatus next year (other than the NCAA's, of course).

I seem to recall that there is a similar arrangement pending with UCLA for a return game in California next year, to repay their visit to Mohegan Sun last season (or was it the season before)?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
According to Louisville fans Jeff Walz mentioned this on his radio program Monday. Storrs next season and 2018 in Louisville.
Lambs to the slaughter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom