Scoring/Opp 84.6/45.9 75.9/50.9
FG% 50.2%/37.7% 47.1%/32.7%
Def FG% 29.9%/30.7% 35.3%/26.5%
Reb 41.7/+10.3 40.8/+8.6
Assists 21.9 15.4
T/O 13.7/+9 17.5/+5.7
Steals/Blks 12.9/5.7 13.3/3.4

Starters
Shoni Schimmel - (5-9 G JR) 12.7 ppg 34% 3pt shooter Schimmel shoots a lot of 3s (a lot). By comparison, KML has taken 83 (5.9 pg), Schimmel has taken 116 (6.8 pg) not shooting near as well though.
Sara Hammond - (6-2 F SO)) 11.0ppg 6.5 rpg
Bria Smith - (5-10 G SO) 8.4 ppg fouled out 3 times.
Megan Deines – (6-1 G FR) 7.4 ppg

Sheronne Vails – (6-4 C JR) – 4.8 ppg
OR
Antonia Slaughter – (6-1 G JR) 7.6 ppg 5.1 rpg 37% 3pt shooter

Bench
Monique Reid (6-1 F SR) - 11.1 ppg
Jude Schimmel (5-6 G SO) -4.7 ppg
Cortnee Walton (6-3 F FR) - 4.3 ppg

Wins - Texas A&M 47-45 (first game of season)
Losses – Kentucky 47-48, Colorado 66-70, DePaul 80-86,

Louisville generates a lot of T/Os and steals. More than UCONN does. UCONN will have to watch that. Not a lot of height, so UCONN will have to see if they can exploit that. Without Stewart, it won’t be as easy. If UCONN can get good minutes from Tuck/Stokes, that will help. Louisville can score (fairly spread out) and defend pretty well. However, last 3 games - DePaul L 80-86, Rutgers W 66-57 (OT), Providence W 70-62, not on an impressive run. And this game is not at their Yum Center. UCONN will have to make sure the big Schimmel is kept under wraps. She will probably be pressing to try to lead the team, and make a good showing.

Not sure what to expect here. If we get rolling at home, we could blow them right out, but I'm not thinking that's gonna happen. +15-20. 74- 57??

Reaction Score
Not a good matchup for Louisville, but UConn is short a couple of players. I like the scoring margin, with a slightly lower score.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
We have been without two of our intended starters all year, Gibbs and Taylor. We lost a starter, s. dyer to an ACL tear. Mo Reid is not quite 100% yet. The chemistry is not consistently there, due to a lot of the above mentioned things. All things considered, I am happy we are still in the rankings and only have lost 3 games. Is it different and disappointing considering what the hope and expectations were preseason, yes. But, you work with what you got.

It could be a blowout, or, depending on who shows up, we can keep it a respectable loss. On the very off chance that our kids make no mistakes, your injuries, and some of your kids have an off night, it could make for an interesting, close game. I am not holding my breath, but I would not be surprised, due to aforementioned circumstances, either.

I am just hoping our kids can give you all good game and we keep it close.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Your condensed version is perfect for a game like this. I usually only do my matchup analysis for top 10 games. Duke will be my next one and then not until Baylor.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Mrs. Kibitzer and I will be at the game and staying o'nite at the Hilton. I wonder if Jeff Walz will repeat his "let her shoot" strategy that backfired on him a few years ago-- when Tiffany Hayes tossed in several rainbow treys.

Maybe this time he'll leave Kaleena open on the perimeter? Oh, wait. . . Santa's back up north with his elves.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Your condensed version is perfect for a game like this. I usually only do my matchup analysis for top 10 games. Duke will be my next one and then not until Baylor.
Ah ok. Got it. Us underlings do the "little" games. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a good matchup for Louisville, but UConn is short a couple of players. I like the scoring margin, with a slightly lower score.
I was guessing 20 under their average already. You think more?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmnn, from the title I thought this thead was going to be a link to a Rick Pitino article.

(Sorry still licking my wounds from last night's game.)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Hmnn, from the title I thought this thead was going to be a link to a Rick Pitino article.

(Sorry still licking my wounds from last night's game.)

Rimshot please

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Mrs. Kibitzer and I will be at the game and staying o'nite at the Hilton. I wonder if Jeff Walz will repeat his "let her shoot" strategy that backfired on him a few years ago-- when Tiffany Hayes tossed in several rainbow treys.

Maybe this time he'll leave Kaleena open on the perimeter? Oh, wait. . . Santa's back up north with his elves.

Leaving Kelly alone on the perimeter would work for me as well !

Reaction Score
louisville was 21/30 from the free throw line, and rutgers 2/2 in their game, and louisville was very fortunate to win. i don't think it will be much of a game.

Reaction Score

Your Baylor analysis is highly anticipated.

Reaction Score

Mosqueda-Lewis is a proven commodity behind the arc. Prior to that breakout game 4 years ago, I do not recall Tiffany ever hitting two in a row, much less the three in a row she precisely bombed from long range in the second half. That game, competitive for most of the first half was the last time Lousiville was ever really close to UConn. Even with the injuries, this game should not be different.

Reaction Score
I was guessing 20 under their average already. You think more?

No, I like your scoring margin, I just think the scores on both sides will be lower. Louisville does not have a gifted scorer and UConn plays too much D.

Reaction Score
Mosqueda-Lewis is a proven commodity behind the arc. Prior to that breakout game 4 years ago, I do not recall Tiffany ever hitting two in a row, much less the three in a row she precisely bombed from long range in the second half. That game, competitive for most of the first half was the last time Lousiville was ever really close to UConn. Even with the injuries, this game should not be different.
KML Will roll again along with 25 plus points KF WILL COME CLOSE TO A QUADRUPLE DOUBLE,STEFF,BRIA,MORGAN WILL SCORE IN DOUBLE FIGURES WE WILL BE UP BY OVER 30 PLUS POINTS BRFORE THE SUBS FINISH UP IN RECENT GAMES WE HAVE HAD NO OFFENSE INTHE FINAL 10 MINS OR SO UGHHHH
I HAVE FOR THAT TO BE DIFFERENT TONIGHT AND WE SCORE OVER 90 OTHER WISE 83 47
IRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member