UConn looking to play faster on defense in '15 (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn looking to play faster on defense in '15 (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/08/uconn-looking-to-play-faster-on-defense.html

>>The return of seniors Julian Campenni and Kenton Adeyemi, in the best shape of their lives, and talented sophomores Foley Fatukasi, Cole Ormsby, Carrezola and Cam Stapleton as well as junior Mikal Myers gives the defensive coaches some talent to work with up front.
"It is an exciting time," UConn defensive line coach Kevin Wolthausen said. "You are always looking to be better playing the run, we are looking to be better rushing the passer, all of those things."

Wolthausen is also excited about the potential of Sheriden Lawley and James Atkins who redshirted a season ago. While they were not playing in the games, they were doing the work in practice and in the weight room. Lawley was listed at 238 pounds and Atkins at 258 in the 2014 media guide but are now listed at 275 and 267 respectively.

"Lawley, Atkins, the young guys coming in this year (true freshmen Felton Blackwell, Kevin Murphy, Phillippe Okounam and David Ryslik who are all at least 285 pounds), camp is that time to take a look at that guys as you start preparing for the season," Wolthausen said. Atkins left the spring game with an injury but Wolthausen said he is good to go for preseason camp which began on Friday.

I'll get my first look at the team on Wednesday.<<

Reaction Score
238 to 275 for Lawley??? Is that legit?

I'm thinking it was a typo - in his commit thread on the BY, we had him @ 265, his high school roster had him @ 260 but Fuller is correct on 2014 Media Guide listing him @ 238.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm hoping Obi Melifonwu cleans it up this season. Gifted athlete but got burned pretty bad a few times last year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'll get my first look at the team on Wednesday

Is Wednesday the first open practice?

Reaction Score
I'll get my first look at the team on Wednesday

Is Wednesday the first open practice?
Diaco said something about the first week of practices being closed so that sounds about right. There was some talk a couple weeks ago about certain days of the week being open to the press but I am thinking that pertained to regular season. Maybe Wednesdays are the designated day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom