UConn is trying to hard to be hated | The Boneyard

UConn is trying to hard to be hated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"No school has suffered more from conference realignment than Connecticut, the most prominent athletic department not currently in a Power 5 league. "

At least there is that acknowledgement.

But we just need to win in FB and beat real P5 teams not just our league mates who have beaten P5 teams.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hey, if nothing else, this ridiculous civil conflict nonsense has given a forum for more people to say things like "no school has suffered more from CR than UConn". It reminds college sports fans of the absurdity that we are in the AAC while there are dozens of P5 schools/ADs who should feel like they hit the lottery for being grandfathered in.

Reaction Score
Hey, if nothing else, this ridiculous civil conflict nonsense has given a forum for more people to say things like "no school has suffered more from CR than UConn". It reminds college sports fans of the absurdity that we are in the AAC while there are dozens of P5 schools/ADs who should feel like they hit the lottery for being grandfathered in.
While it's not a real recognized "rivalry", yet, the "civil conflict" talk has at least put Uconn in a place where others have been mentioning the program. It's attention and conversation. But anything to bring up the Uconn name.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see North Carolina has been in the news lately. Has that been a good thing too?

Isn't twisting yourself in a pretzel uncomfortable at some point?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh, I'm not saying that this whole 'Conflict' thing isn't anything short of juvenile ridiculousness. All I'm saying is that it's nice to hear/read other people around the country say the same thing about UConn + CR that we all say on a daily basis.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh, I'm not saying that this whole 'Conflict' thing isn't anything short of juvenile ridiculousness. All I'm saying is that it's nice to hear/read other people around the country say the same thing about UConn + CR that we all say on a daily basis.

Sorry I should have quoted Bnich. You found the silver lining. He was talking nonsense.

Reaction Score
While it's not a real recognized "rivalry", yet, the "civil conflict" talk has at least put Uconn in a place where others have been mentioning the program. It's attention and conversation. But anything to bring up the Uconn name.

In a conference that desperatly needs to create traditions, give Diaco credit for trying. Why not pick a fight with the strongest kid to gain respect and interest? USF is UCF's natural rival. The attached Bleacher report lists UCF/Cincinatti as an emerging rivalry.

This sounds like a typical Jersey kid wanting to rumble. If nothing else he is reinforcing the message that on any given day anyone can be beat. UCF is the best program in the American. Inclement Weather or not, UCONN beat the best in their worst season. I say milk it for all you can get. He is telling his player's UCONN's not backing down from anybody!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2468978-the-10-best-emerging-college-football-rivalries

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we need to stop pretending that people outside of the Northeast care about UConn football. Yes this little situation is slightly embarrassing to the UConn fans and maybe some fans around the region will find it funny and the ridicule may last a month or so.

But i guarantee the majority of college football fans don't even know what conference we're in let alone some silly tweet made about a rivalry game

saying that we are "the laughing stock of college football" is a little overdramatization of the situation

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Missouri you say, an upset this fall would go over huge. Bob, time to have another trophy made.
LOL, see now that would be epic trolling: rivalry trophies for every upset.

Reaction Score
We still have a long way to go in re-developing the program. The Edsall years are good to fall back on for reminding ourselves and others what we can do. The sky is the limit. The Michigan game at the Rent was very bright lights. If we end up in the Big Ten East, we're going to be fighting Indiana and Rutgers for the middle. That division is very top heavy. Edsall would be in our division at UMD. Had we defeated Michigan twice...or once...

Have to wonder what PP and GDL think of all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom