UConn is Prepared | The Boneyard

UConn is Prepared

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno builds his teams for moments like this. They are prepared and ready for this maybe the biggest show in the history of BB. It will be an extremely crazy environment. If SC doesnt get off to a quick start it could be over early. UConn is ready so sit back and relax and watch the Greatest Womens BB program in history set another record.

Go Huskies

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree Tony, but sometimes I think we forget just how incredibly difficult it is to sustain excellence. SC is very good team coached by one the better WBB coaches in Staley, who just happened to watch Geno work his magic all summer. I expect that she picked up a thing or two.

Geno and his staff do a great job of teaching his kids to just play and to ignore the circus, but I am sure that they are aware of the wall to wall to coverage. I feel like all the pressure is on them.

I'm looking forward to the game, because I fully expect it to be difficult and excellent preparation for the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Theres always more pressure on uconn then other teams because they are the only program that has exclusive tv coverage of the whole program. Not many teams could deal with the pressure of losing so much to graduation and have hbo and sny covering every minute of this season. This is the reason uconn is so great and loves the pressure.

Reaction Score
Remember when Uconn only scored 12 first half points in the ncaa's vs.Stanford? That team had Maya and Tina along with many other good players on it.The circumference of the basket can shrink sometimes in big games.One thing i have noticed so far this year is that this team has been impervious to pressure to this point.When the opponent closes in one player or another steps up and the lead expands.Saniya vs.FSU,Gabby vs.N.D.,Lou vs.Maryland,and Collier and Kia vs.anyone when they seem to go on a roll. When the final story has been written about the 2016-2017 team,this may be their legacy that they were unfazed in all circumstances.

Reaction Score
pacific44 has a couple of very good points. I'm another of those who remembers that Stanford game and the frustration we all felt by halftime. We're grateful it got better, but the reason they play those games is because weirdnesses can and do happen. It is entirely possible that by halftime, we'll be saying to one another: "I never thought THIS would happen" (fill in the blank for "THIS," with whatever strange occurrence you choose. Let's just hope that if things get strange, they go UConn's way.

Reaction Score
As Geno would say, championships are not won in February. If the streak ends, it's not the end of the world. A win would be nice but IMO UCONN is still #1.

Reaction Score
As Geno would say, championships are not won in February. If the streak ends, it's not the end of the world. A win would be fantastic but IMO either way UCONN is still #1.

Reaction Score
Geno recently made a comment that the team is not where he wants it to be .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
With Geno during the season his team is never where he wants them to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom