Uconn is lucky | The Boneyard

Uconn is lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Brimah Purvis and Hamilton played 10-20% better--I believe they would all be gone. The signs Purvis had shown at the end--if he had been consistent like that from the beginning--gone. While unfortunate for this year--a year we had little chance for major success once Deandre Daniels did not come back--it gives us great fortune for the following--really another all in year for 2015.

All 3 players are going to get that 20% increase. Amida will hone his skill and put 15 pounds on. Hamilton will gain touch on his J and Purvis will get more reps and in a weak draft next year barring miracles--all will be history. But we have a pretty loaded team and hopefully by adding a couple of grad transfers one that is lethal and deep enough to do serious damage.

Reaction Score
You were not watching this team if you thought any of the non-Boatrights were a "tad" away from being considered for the NBA.

Reaction Score
If Brimah Purvis and Hamilton played 10-20% better--I believe they would all be gone. The signs Purvis had shown at the end--if he had been consistent like that from the beginning--gone. While unfortunate for this year--a year we had little chance for major success once Deandre Daniels did not come back--it gives us great fortune for the following--really another all in year for 2015.

All 3 players are going to get that 20% increase. Amida will hone his skill and put 15 pounds on. Hamilton will gain touch on his J and Purvis will get more reps and in a weak draft next year barring miracles--all will be history. But we have a pretty loaded team and hopefully by adding a couple of grad transfers one that is lethal and deep enough to do serious damage.
The only player close was DHAM and he was definitely going to be picked early 2nd round at best. Not sure what world you think if the other two played 10-20% better they were assured of going to the NBA. I know you like to be positive but you need to stay off the good stuff. At least share it with the other fellow BY members. LOL!

Reaction Score
Well of course if Purvis scored 29 points every game like he did against SMU he'd be leaving. But he didn't. Much too inconsistent for the NBA. I'm happy to have him back for next year.

Reaction Score
You were not watching this team if you thought any of the non-Boatrights were a "tad" away from being considered for the NBA.
Dude, did you recognize the OP? Its best to entertain him with understanding (not agreeing) of his point of view. We (or at least I did) needed him this past season, and it looks like we may need him for one more season.

Plus his glasses are much more rosier than the rest of us. I can't find mine but I put his on from time to time for laughs and giggles.

His is the polar opposite of Freescooter, so I'll always take Scrappy of the two.

Post on Scrappy. My Man!

Reaction Score
I do remember that I've told him a few times that it's spelled Enoch and not Enosch, so we'll see if he gets that right.

Reaction Score
The only player close was DHAM and he was definitely going to be picked early 2nd round at best. Not sure what world you think if the other two played 10-20% better they were assured of going to the NBA. I know you like to be positive but you need to stay off the good stuff. At least share it with the other fellow BY members. LOL!

this, brimah is no where near close to going to the NBA right now

Reaction Score

If Brimah ,Purvis,and Hamilton played 20 to 30% better ,
We would be in the final four and Calipari would be panicking at the thought of facing KO

Reaction Score
The OP is getting clowned in this thread because of his record of over-exuberance, but his post makes sense.

"Purvis and Brimah were no where close to being NBA ready." Well, obviously, but that has never been the point. Kids have proven time and time again that they will declare if they can find even one person to believe in them.

If Purvis, AB, and Hamilton were all a little bit better this season, maybe we make the tournament, but maybe one or two of them declare for the draft and we're back to square one next season. If this was always going to be a bridge year, I prefer a bridge year where we go to the NIT and return all of our underclassmen over a bridge year where we go to the round of 32 and lose 60% of our scoring.

The only thing this program has now is an opportunity. They have an opportunity to return to great heights based on the individual and collective evolution of our players. I don't know what the ceiling is for next year and I don't know what the floor is, but if I know anything from following this program it's that the ceiling is often a hell of a lot higher than we expect.

Reaction Score
Brimah has lots of upside potential, but he was so foul prone this year that his inability to stay on the court had a huge impact on the season. If he could have averaged 7 to 8 minutes more per game, UConn would have likely had 3 to 5 more wins minimum and would have made the tourney pretty easily.

Hamilton had lots of flashes, and if he tightens up his handle a little he should be great next year. Rodney is the X factor, he is a great scorer but makes some of the stupidest mistakes I have ever seen. He had to have set the NCAA single season record for stepping out of bounds this season. If he can limit the mistakes and we play a bit more uptempo, he could have an outstanding junior season.

Jalen will be a huge addition to the roster. I am really excited to see him in a UConn uniform.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
And if they played 20% better, I'd have a team to root for in the Final Four, instead of two teams to root against.....(any guess which two teams those are??)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your premise is that if Rodney Purvis played 10-20% better he could have left for the NBA?

Sure thing giant beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky