UConn is in XRM's final three. | The Boneyard

UConn is in XRM's final three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With us haunt his last in home and that Ollie got the job I can say that we will get him.

Reaction Score
I think Ollie gets this done and XRM ends up a Husky, then we have to convince his teammate Dominic Woodson to join him.

Reaction Score
If Ollie can convince this kid to sign on when nobody has any idea who the head coach is going to be next season, he can probably sell sand in the desert.

Reaction Score
If Ollie can convince this kid to sign on when nobody has any idea who the head coach is going to be next season, he can probably sell sand in the desert.

Reaction Score
Based on his recent comments, I was worried that the lack of a multi-year contract would scare him off, but apparently XRM is impressed enought with KO and/or UConn that we've at least made hit top 3. Let's see if we beat out the other two in the end.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was thinking that same thing.......would be so so similar!!

Why? XRM ain't from CT. Being from Canada maybe he's KO's Denham Brown? :confused:

Reaction Score
Why? XRM ain't from CT. Being from Canada maybe he's KO's Denham Brown? :confused:

Dove you're being technical:

1. Kevin's impact recruit for His team
2. Kevin can build a post season run(s) with him
3. Kevin sets up his future legacy

That's what Chris did for JC, launching him into a stellar career for many many years. You and I know there were more prized recruits after Chris but his impact was undeniable. XRM looks to be able ti have the same effect.

Denham was an addition, Chris was a foundation.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Is XRM that Great? Equally as important as landing him, is Ollie moving on from him without blinking an eye if he picks elsewhere, and still making XXX player work. For example, in the 10 + years I've read the board weekly, the greatest CHASE for recruits was that period around Brandon Jennings, then later Lamb, Selby, Knight. We ended up with a plan C backcourt of Kemba & Bazz, who outplayed those very same recruits in the FF. The rest is History. Ollie will need to roll with the punches. That being said, I believe XRM is an important recruit Kevin & Co has an Excellent chance of landing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove you're being technical:

1. Kevin's impact recruit for His team
2. Kevin can build a post season run(s) with him
3. Kevin sets up his future legacy

That's what Chris did for JC, launching him into a stellar career for many many years. You and I know there were more prized recruits after Chris but his impact was undeniable. XRM looks to be able ti have the same effect.

Denham was an addition, Chris was a foundation.

I saw Smitty's importance as being JC's first big-time in state recruit. Yeah, he was a great player but he was that homegrown kid that we hoped would open the local doors. Maybe I was technical.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Is XRM that Great? Equally as important as landing him, is Ollie moving on from him without blinking an eye if he picks elsewhere, and still making XXX player work. For example, in the 10 + years I've read the board weekly, the greatest CHASE for recruits was that period around Brandon Jennings, then later Lamb, Selby, Knight. We ended up with a plan C backcourt of Kemba & Bazz, who outplayed those very same recruits in the FF. The rest is History. Ollie will need to roll with the punches. That being said, I believe XRM is an important recruit Kevin & Co has an Excellent chance of landing.

Don't get me wrong, XRM is a high quality player with an offensive game advanced for his age. But there is always a chance he could be a bust. For example, Curtis Kelly, Darius Smith, Scottie Haralson...

But I will say this, our "plan C backcourt" only outplayed the Brandon Knight and Doron Lamb because of Kemba. Knight and Lamb tore up the SEC and outplayed 95% of the backcourts in the country. Kemba made everyone so much better around him. Heck, even Chuck Okwandu was a solid player in the last month or so.

KO maybe sees the same characteristic in XRM? Who knows, but if KO trusts him to be the face of the team in 2 years, then I'm on board.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, XRM is a high quality player with an offensive game advanced for his age. But there is always a chance he could be a bust. For example, Curtis Kelly, Darius Smith, Scottie Haralson...

But I will say this, our "plan C backcourt" only outplayed the Brandon Knight and Doron Lamb because of Kemba. Knight and Lamb tore up the SEC and outplayed 95% of the backcourts in the country. Kemba made everyone so much better around him. Heck, even Chuck Okwandu was a solid player in the last month or so.

KO maybe sees the same characteristic in XRM? Who knows, but if KO trusts him to be the face of the team in 2 years, then I'm on board.

Not so sure you want to put Darius Smith and Scottie Harrelson in the same sentence as XRM? That's not close....Kelly was a bust because he was lazy while here and never "got it", the others weren't of the caliber of Mayes....bust? Doubt that will happen - the kid's a player and if he can score anywhere near his dad's abilities he will be a good one.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Not so sure you want to put Darius Smith and Scottie Harrelson in the same sentence as XRM? That's not close....Kelly was a bust because he was lazy while here and never "got it", the others weren't of the caliber of Mayes....bust? Doubt that will happen - the kid's a player and if he can score anywhere near his dad's abilities he will be a good one.

I'm saying that Darius Smith, Scottie Haralson, and Kelly all were top 100 recruits according to many websites. The possibility of a "bust" is always there when dealing with college athletes.

Reaction Score
I'm saying that Darius Smith, Scottie Haralson, and Kelly all were top 100 recruits according to many websites. The possibility of a "bust" is always there when dealing with college athletes.

Kelly was - the other 2 were late signees making up for what they didn't get, both of them out of the Top 100 from what I remember. No matter, anyone can be a "bust" but XRM cannot be compared to Smith and Haralson........he's a solid Top 50 and can flat out play........would be KO's "Chris Smith" I believe........

Reaction Score
Not sure if there were any rankings that had Harralson anywhere near the top 100. Smith was in the 70 range but couldn't cut it academically so we never got to see him develop. Kelly definitely was a bust.

Reaction Score
Heck, even Chuck Okwandu was a solid player in the last month or so.
I won't stand here and let you bad mouth the legend that is Charles Okwandu.

okwanduwitnesses.jpg

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I won't stand here and let you bad mouth the legend that is Charles Okwandu.

okwanduwitnesses.jpg

No no no you got me all wrong. Chuck was a legend. He was instrumental all season and in the Final Four he even more than a beast than usual.

Reaction Score
Landing XRM would be the key to a successful start to the Ollie era. We're talking about a 6'4" prolific and knockdown shooter from distance, still growing into his body, with pro potential. Undoubtedly would be the centerpiece of KOs first recruiting class.

For the '13-'14 season we could have a lethal 3 guard lineup with guys like Bazz, Boat, XRM, and Omar. And I feel like DD will have a breakout season this year at the 3. Throw in some shotblocking from Nolan and Facey, experience from Giffey and Olander and we're looking at a damn good team for '13-'14.

It all starts with XRM.

Reaction Score
^ unfortunately DD couldn't average 20 in prep ball.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Landing XRM would be the key to a successful start to the Ollie era. We're talking about a 6'4" prolific and knockdown shooter from distance, still growing into his body, with pro potential. Undoubtedly would be the centerpiece of KOs first recruiting class.

For the '13-'14 season we could have a lethal 3 guard lineup with guys like Bazz, Boat, XRM, and Omar. And I feel like DD will have a breakout season this year at the 3. Throw in some shotblocking from Nolan and Facey, experience from Giffey and Olander and we're looking at a damn good team for '13-'14.

It all starts with XRM.

Boat is most likely gonna leave if he averages anything over 13ppg and 4apg.

Reaction Score
Boat is most likely gonna leave if he averages anything over 13ppg and 4apg.

Even if Boat leaves (which can only be to play in Europe) a backcourt of Shabazz, Omar, Samuel and XRM will still be stellar. If Boatright comes to his senses we will have one of the top 2-3 backcourts in the country no question. XRM isn't just a top 100 player, he could very well be a McD's AA something Omar got robbed of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom