UConn Insider Podcast: How The Fracture Of Kevin Ollie And His Alma Mater Became A Full-Fledged Feud | The Boneyard

UConn Insider Podcast: How The Fracture Of Kevin Ollie And His Alma Mater Became A Full-Fledged Feud

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is a fair enough overview, but nothing that hasn't been discussed on the BY already. Of course, given how many page we've got on the topic, that's not really surprising.

CL82

Reaction Score
Might be time for a separate board dedicated to the topic, like conference realignment.
I'll let you know whether I agree with that at the end of the week, although diverting the most passionate posters on that topic off the MBB board is tempting.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agreed. We need to focus on more pressing issues, like who makes the best lobster roll, or whether or not Amazon or Disney is going to take over the world.
So many problems in the world for the BY to solve....

(...or at least discuss endlessly.)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Must be some new pizza to review somewhere, too.

Fire & Slice, combo BBQ smokehouse & pizza place in Morris Cove, so best for takeout to accompany Wednesday night music at Pardee-Morris House. Brisket pizza gave me hellacious bedtime heartburn but I think it's in the nature of mixing the two, in addition to my eating the whole pie after 8pm. Also dried out the brisket, which I should have anticipated the 2nd cooking would do. The bacon half worked better. They smoked the bacon. I'd go back for another try.

Also Next Door, in the former Humphrey's space, run by the Big Green Truck people. Haven't yet been.

As far as a separate board for this ongoing drama, if it can bring the parties to a swift settlement, I'm all for it. Sometimes bringing an umbrella is all that's needed to keep away the rain.

CL82

Reaction Score

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Vitale painfully remembers being in Ollie's position getting fired as a coach. His support has nothing to do with Ollie. Vitale hated getting fired so much he retired from coaching at a relatively young age. He would support Atila the Hun if he were a CBB coach.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Vitale painfully remembers being in Ollie's position getting fired as a coach. His support has nothing to do with Ollie. Vitale hated getting fired so much he retired from coaching at a relatively young age. He would support Atila the Hun if he were a CBB coach.
That's a good point.

Reaction Score
Vitale painfully remembers being in Ollie's position getting fired as a coach. His support has nothing to do with Ollie.

What a spin.

For what it's worth, while the amateur lawyers are cutting and pasting pdfs from Ollie's contract to try to explain the university's technical justification for the stance they've taken, Vitale is in the majority with respect to the prevailing narrative around this story outside of the UConn bubble.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a spin.

For what it's worth, while the amateur lawyers are cutting and pasting pdfs from Ollie's contract to try to explain the university's technical justification for the stance they've taken, Vitale is in the majority with respect to the prevailing narrative around this story outside of the UConn bubble.
I agree with your second sentence; I have been surprised at how often I have heard this narrative from casual observers.

I don't think @UConnNick 's point was spin though. I think it was a relevant insight.

CL82

Reaction Score
What a spin.

I know. I am little concerned when he is named as arbitrator :rolleyes:.

UConn: " And so based upon the pattern of NCAA violation that we have shown and Mr. Ollie's false statements to us certifying that the program was in compliance all NCAA rules and regulations, we terminated Mr. Ollie's contract under the just cause provisions of his contract."

Arbiter: BUT HE'S JUST A DIAPER DANDY, BABY! HE'S BARELY BEEN COACHING! NO UCONN YOU CAN'T FIRE HIM AFTER THAT GREAT SHOT IN 1990 TO BEAT CLEMSON...

UConn: Uh that was Tate George... but what does that have to do with this arbitra...

Arbiter: BUT IT WAS SUCH A GREAT SHOT, OH THE TRADITION BABY, IT'S LIKE DUKE, THERE'S SOME GREAT TRADITION, AND COACH K... HE'S THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME BABY...

UConn: [Thinking: I knew was going to be a mistake.]​

But you're right Big E the last thing that should be looked at in figuring out whether Ollie is owed anything under the contract is the actual contract.:confused:

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Fire & Slice, combo BBQ smokehouse & pizza place in Morris Cove, so best for takeout to accompany Wednesday night music at Pardee-Morris House. Brisket pizza gave me hellacious bedtime heartburn but I think it's in the nature of mixing the two, in addition to my eating the whole pie after 8pm. Also dried out the brisket, which I should have anticipated the 2nd cooking would do. The bacon half worked better. They smoked the bacon. I'd go back for another try.

Also Next Door, in the former Humphrey's space, run by the Big Green Truck people. Haven't yet been.

As far as a separate board for this ongoing drama, if it can bring the parties to a swift settlement, I'm all for it. Sometimes bringing an umbrella is all that's needed to keep away the rain.
Blind Pig in the old Bears on Front Street uses all of Bears meat on their pizza. Good stuff

Reaction Score
What a spin.

The majority outside of the UConn bubble don't give one single crap about this "story"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The majority outside of the UConn bubble don't give one single crap about this "story"
I keep hearing people here repeat that, and then I keep hearing and seeing people outside the UConn bubble discussing it.

Not sure if they give a single crap about it, but they sure do seem to like to bring it up as idle conversation.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing people here repeat that, and then I keep hearing and seeing people outside the UConn bubble discussing it.

Not sure if they give a single crap about it, but they sure do seem to like to bring it up as idle conversation.
Let me rephrase. No one of any significance gives a crap about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom