UConn-Indiana TV Ratings? | The Boneyard

UConn-Indiana TV Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know the ratings in NYC? Connecticut?

I'm sure the B1G was interested a bit to see how well it was viewed

Reaction Score
Friday night is the dead zone for television ratings. I wouldn't expect a great number.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Won't come out for another week.

Has anyone seen this number yet? Or where can they be found. I am really curious about UConn/MD; UConn/Ind; UConn/UF ratings.

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen this number yet? Or where can they be found. I am really curious about UConn/MD; UConn/Ind; UConn/UF ratings.

Yes, I posted them in the BE ratings thread.

UConn-Indiana had 1,081,000 viewers, or 10x the highest rated Fox game.

It was the second highest rated game in any sport on ESPN2 for the entire week after a college football SEC Saturday night game.

The Maryland game had 645k viewers up against football and Oregon-Georgetown Armed Forces Classic.

Not sure how the Florida game will do but it was up against Monday Night Football on ESPN.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Yes, I posted them in the BE ratings thread.

UConn-Indiana had 1,081,000 viewers, or 10x the highest rated Fox game.

It was the second highest rated game in any sport on ESPN2 for the entire week after a college football SEC Saturday night game.

The Maryland game had 645k viewers up against football and Oregon-Georgetown Armed Forces Classic.

Not sure how the Florida game will do but it was up against Monday Night Football on ESPN.

Thanks Upstater. That looks like a good number, although I was hoping for something in the 1.4M range (UConn/Cuse last year).

Reaction Score
Thanks Upstater. That looks like a good number, although I was hoping for something in the 1.4M range (UConn/Cuse last year).

Big difference between ESPN and ESPN2 though. ESPN2 is on one higher tier, less viewership. Probably accounts for the difference.

I'm sure the Syracuse game was on ESPN. UConn is playing on ESPN this year against Memphis (2x), and Louisville and maybe one of the Cincy's (both are listed as ESPN/ESPN2, guess it depends on Cincy's record). The second Louisville game is on CBS. Next ESPN2 game is Stanford.

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Big difference between ESPN and ESPN2 though. ESPN2 is on one higher tier, less viewership. Probably accounts for the 1.4M difference.

I'm sure the Syracuse game was on ESPN. UConn is playing on ESPN this year against Memphis (2x), and Louisville and maybe one of the Cincy's (both are listed as ESPN/ESPN2, guess it depends on Cincy's record). The second Louisville game is on CBS. Next ESPN2 game is Stanford.
Also imagine college basketball ratings improve dramatically in January/February with less competition from football (at all levels).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
More homes get ESPN2 than ESPN. Seriously. Not kidding.

Reaction Score

Huh? Bizarre. ESPN is on basic where I live, but not ESPN2. Same in New Haven with Comcast.

Reaction Score
Quick question: does anyone have a quick and easy resource at which ratings for particular programs (preferably those featuring Huskies) can be located?

It would seem to me that these ratings would be as readily available as baseball stats, but the networks protect them like they belong in Fort Knox.

Reaction Score
Big difference between ESPN and ESPN2 though. ESPN2 is on one higher tier, less viewership. Probably accounts for the difference.

Based on the schedule on ESPN, looks like it has been determined what games will be aired on ESPN & ESPN2: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/41/connecticut-huskies

Things could obviously change, but this may be what we are looking at for the rest of the year:

6 games on ESPN
Thursday, Jan. 16 @ Memphis (7:00)
Saturday, Jan. 18 vs. Louisville (9:00)
Thursday, Feb. 6 @ Cincinnati (7:00)
Saturday, Feb. 15 vs. Memphis (12:00)
Thursday, Feb. 20 @ Temple (9:00)
Saturday, Mar. 1 vs. Cincinnati (12:00)

4 games on ESPN2
Wednesday, Dec. 18 vs. Stanford (9:00)
Tuesday, Dec. 31 @ Houston (9:00)
Sunday, Feb. 9 @ UCF (6:00)
Wednesday, Feb. 12 vs. USF (7:00)

Another 6 games on ESPNU, 2 games on ESPN3/SNY, 4 games on CBSSN & 1 game on CBS.

Reaction Score

According to ESPN, ESPN and ESPN2 both have 98.5 million subs. In general, ESPN promotes content on ESPN more than ESPN2.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Weird. How does that happen? People are getting just the deuce?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
  1. Weird. How does that happen? People are getting just the deuce?
It changed last quarter. It's a difference of only a few thousand households. More of a funny quirk than anything substantial.

Reaction Score

1. [ ]
It changed last quarter. It's a difference of only a few thousand households. More of a funny quirk than anything substantial.
I would imagine you'd have to specifically request not to have ESPN on your package in order to not get it, but still get ESPN2. I've never heard of a cable provider offering ESPN2 without ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom