UConn in the WNBA: Former Huskies settling into new teams and adjusting to pro ball ahead of opening weekend | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA: Former Huskies settling into new teams and adjusting to pro ball ahead of opening weekend

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU HARTFORD COURANT JUL 21, 2020

When the 2020 WNBA season tips off this weekend, a host of former UConn players will be taking the court in Bradenton, Fla. and beginning the next chapter in their professional careers. Fifteen former Huskies across seven of the league’s 12 teams are currently in the WNBA “bubble” at IMG Academy preparing for the season’s start.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice quotes.

This one however caught my eye and maybe not the ideal approach for Lou to burn down the last place. Fact is she was picked #4 so she had the backing of the Sky.

“I feel like I have a coach who’s behind me and believes in me 100 percent. He’s been very open and honest about what I need to do every day, and that’s something that I’ve been asking for and wanted coming into the league,” Samuelson said. “And so I’m excited to finally get that and really be able to feel confident on the court out there with someone that’s backing me up every day.”

Bottom line. Got to impress your new coaches and teammates. Don't look back. Dallas is a great opportunity especially with MoJeff

No one may be happier to return to the court than Moriah Jefferson, who after missing significant time in both 2017 and 2018 due to injuries sat out the entirety of 2019 to fully rehab her knee. Dallas is thrilled to have her back, too, not just because of what Jefferson offers as a floor general but because it will allow Arike Ogunbowale to play in a more natural role off the ball.

“I feel great about her being on our team and running the show for us,” Dallas coach Brian Agler said about Jefferson. “She’s competitive, she’s smart. She can create for her teammates, she can create for herself. She and Arike are playing very well together right now. They both can make plays off the bounce. She recognizes and learns quickly what the strengths of her teammates are, which is very important as well.”

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom