UConn in the Summer League | The Boneyard

UConn in the Summer League

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Full rosters not yet announced, but so far:

Amida Brimah is playing with the Nets in Vegas.

Rodney Purvis is playing with the Bulls in Vegas.

Jalen Adams is playing with the Pelicans in Vegas.

Terry Larrier is playing with the Spurs in Salt Lake City and Vegas.

If I missed anybody, let me know. I'll try to track performances in the thread.

So far Terry Larrier is DNP for the Spurs on both 7/1 and 7/2.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Game’s on ESPN3 tonight. At half, TL dressed but hasn’t sniffed the floor.

Oni, the Yale kid, has had a nice half.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
DNP for Larrier in game 3. He’s buried deep on a 17 man roster. Ten played tonight for the Spurs.

Reaction Score
TL is the perfect representation of the post 2014 KO era.

Exactly. A decently talented guy who had no work ethic, no will to get better, and had no fire on the court. I got nailed for saying last year I didn’t want him back for his redshirt senior season but I stand by it. Hurley wanted to infuse a culture into this program and Larrier would not have bought in.

Reaction Score
Exactly. A decently talented guy who had no work ethic, no will to get better, and had no fire on the court. I got nailed for saying last year I didn’t want him back for his redshirt senior season but I stand by it. Hurley wanted to infuse a culture into this program and Larrier would not have bought in.

I don’t know anything about his work ethic but he just wasn’t that talented. He had no game. He could shoot somewhat decently but couldn’t handle, had no court vision, no feel for the game. I don’t think the coaching mattered that much in his case as opposed to some of the others.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
My main memory of TL is Ollie getting him the ball beyond the thee point arc and then asking him to penetrate. TL’s handle was too loose, but he shouldn’t have been repeatedly put in that position by his coaches. He should have been curling around screens, ready to shoot.

Reaction Score
Full rosters not yet announced, but so far:

Amida Brimah is playing with the Nets in Vegas.

Rodney Purvis is playing with the Bulls in Vegas.

Jalen Adams is playing with the Pelicans in Vegas.

Terry Larrier is playing with the Spurs in Salt Lake City and Vegas.

If I missed anybody, let me know. I'll try to track performances in the thread.

So far Terry Larrier is DNP for the Spurs on both 7/1 and 7/2.
I can't wait until we start putting guys in the league again, it ain't happening with these guys.

Reaction Score
TL is the perfect representation of the post 2014 KO era.
Torn ACL! Pretty serious and frequently career ending injury.
But remember before the injury he was a star of the 2016 pre season and projected as a first rounder.
He was also the leading scorer on the team when he tore it putting his future in serious doubt,
He obviously was never at his best coming back the next year.that’s unfortunatel but not totally unexpected.
He was getting back into form last year and was injured again . If you don’t want him to succeed because he somehow didn’t live up to your expectations fine , but if anyone deserves some good luck it’s Terry.

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Brimah looked good in short stints in summer league last year, and averaged 8 and 8 with 3 blocks in about 23 MPG off the bench in the G League last year. His PER was a solid 17.1 Hope he shows up tonight!

Reaction Score
Felt that for 30 seconds straight. Very unsettling not knowing if the next bit will be The One.

Did Jalen get in the game?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Felt that for 30 seconds straight. Very unsettling not knowing if the next but will be The One.

Did Jalen get in the game?
7.1 or 6.9 is no joke

Jalen getting some good earthquake airtime.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
7/5:
Brimah 2 pts, 1 Reb, 2 fouls in 8 minutes.

Purivs DNP, Adams and Larrier DNP in quake shortened games (but don't think either were going to get any run).

Today's games:

Just Jalen tonight -- Pelicans vs Wizards, 10 PM on ESPN.

Reaction Score
Mike Noyes is with the Grizzlies coaching staff. Believe Tarin Smith and maybe Kwintin Williams are playing in the adjacent small European exposure leagues on the side as well.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
7/5:
Brimah 2 pts, 1 Reb, 2 fouls in 8 minutes.
I saw just a few minutes of that game. He was in when I turned it on. Picked up a foul. Deflected a rebound, then dove on the floor to get the loose ball (although I would have called it out of bounds, the ref right next to him didn't). Scored on an alley oop, screened on a successful 3, and deflected a shot and the nets got possession. Then he was taken out with like 6 minutes to go in the game, and I switched to netflix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom