UConn in the post-World Series SportsCenter Commercial | The Boneyard

UConn in the post-World Series SportsCenter Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it was hilarious. I laughed pretty hard after that commercial.

Reaction Score
Can somebody help me out? Video wont load, found it on youtube, but cannot read the sign that nuJonathan edits because its a crumby blurry version

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Maybe it is the start of our new relationship with ESPN... we know we castrated your university... but now let the healing begin.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Can somebody help me out? Video wont load, found it on youtube, but cannot read the sign that nuJonathan edits because its a crumby blurry version

The first one says "Number of Years Since the Last Cubs World Series" and Jonathan, while wearing the cone of shame, changes the sign that says "Number of Days Since the Last Work Place Accident" to 0.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Remember ladies and gentlemen, despite what you all may think, every knowledgeable college sports fan knows UConn is NOT P5 worthy, only a mere G5 pretender. /s

Yet it seems like ESPN never has trouble using UConn or our mascot in these popular Sportscenter commercials. Care to guess why? Because of the BRAND. We are recognized by casual sports fans across the country, yet every single person in a position of power to change conference associations seems to disagree. Can you tell me the last time you saw the Wake Forest mascot whatever the hell it is or NC State, or Purdue, or Iowa State, I can go on with this list all day.

Reaction Score
Every time UConn is in a Sportscenter commercial, there is a touch of a derogatory sense to it. Like the "Top 10 Club" one, where the room is filled with a bunch of losers as they are showing that the club is lame, and there happens to be a UConn mascot in there.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible that they often use the UConn mascot because UConn is pretty close by and they need to borrow a mascot? Or do they own a bunch of school's mascots and have them laying around?

Reaction Score
Every time UConn is in a Sportscenter commercial, there is a touch of a derogatory sense to it. Like the "Top 10 Club" one, where the room is filled with a bunch of losers as they are showing that the club is lame, and there happens to be a UConn mascot in there.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible that they often use the UConn mascot because UConn is pretty close by and they need to borrow a mascot? Or do they own a bunch of school's mascots and have them laying around?

I think they use us for several reasons but the recognizable brand and the fact that they own us might have something to do with it. We'll receive positive coverage now that B12 expansion is over.

Reaction Score
I agree heavily with the thought that we get Jonathon into a lot of ads because we're right there. Like how does that work? They need to get the university to provide the costume right, rather than them just having a bunch of recognizable teams' mascots on hand. I think the inclusion in this one might be very influenced by our close proximity to ESPN studios. If they came up with this ad that morning, they could get a Jonathon over by lunchtime to film it

Reaction Score
I think they use us for several reasons but the recognizable brand and the fact that they own us might have something to do with it. We'll receive positive coverage now that B12 expansion is over.

I really think we are the closest mascot around, and they needed a recognizable one on short notice. They shot it very early this morning, according to the show this morning. Johnathan probably drove home after the shoot, hell he's in his 20s I imagine.

No airfare, lodging, 'very' minimal expenses (eating food in the cafeteria), its a no-brainer. Why send in the bulldog from Georgia with all the accompanying expenses?

I mean its good we are on the commercial but I think we're the benefactor of proximity and not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom