UConn in the NFL | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller @NHRich

>>Here's the breakdown with not only this today's accomplishments but also season recaps including players who are on injured reserve or on practice squads. This will be the final weekly report although I will update how the former Huskies fare in the playoffs. There are four UConn products on the active rosters of playoff-bound teams (Brown and Butler, Reyes and Kansas City fullback Anthony Sherman).<<

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/uconn-in-nfl-week-17.html

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
16 guys with teams this year. If only they were good enough to compete in the BE while they were at UConn.

15. Not sure why writers still tab Lutrus - he's (unfortunately) on outside looking in, at moment.

Reaction Score
15. Not sure why writers still tab Lutrus - he's (unfortunately) on outside looking in, at moment.

Yes, but if they were to win the SB, he gets a ring...... Still sounds like the inside to me. I mean he is still on the roster.

Reaction Score
Donald Brown is going to run over some Chiefs DBs tomorrow.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller8:15am via TweetDeck
Former #UConn stars Anthony Sherman and Sio Moore honored by Pro Football Focus sitePost original url/1eQjsVD

>>Anthony Sherman of the Kansas City Chiefs was named as the fullback on the PFF's All-Pro team as he had the highest blocking grade of any fullback this season and Sio Moore of the Oakland Raiders was named to the PFF's All-Rookie team as an edge rusher.<<

NHRJimFuller2:16pm via Twitter for iPhone
Former #UConn LB Sio Moore named to Pro Football Writers All-Rookie team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“@JRaider17: New #Raiders Sio Moore Highlight video, song choice by @MrOakTown55, hope you enjoy it Sio. #raidernation”

Reaction Score
McClain, Griffin lead UConn products in NFL pay distribution
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/03/mcclain-griffin-lead-uconn-products-in.html

>>The NFL Management Council released the payouts for the pay distribution based on performance and playing time and five former UConn players earned six-figure bonuses with four more getting bonuses of more than $75,000.
Atlantia Falcons defensive back and punt returner Robert McClain earned the top bonus among the former UConn players with a payout of $167,892.41 which ranked fourth among the Falcons. Houston Texans rookie tight end Ryan Griffin was close behind with 166,462.14 (fifth among the Texans) followed by Kansas City fullback Anthony Sherman ($148,992.77), San Diego defensive lineman Kendall Reyes ($122,603.69) and Oakland linebacker Sio Moore ($117,413.29).<<

A total of 17 former UConn players earned bonus money - full list is in article.

Reaction Score
“@NHRJimFuller: Former #UConn CB Dwayne Gratz looking to build off rookie season http://Post original url/PITlsw”

>>Tweaks for Gratz

Referring to his old notes and making new ones is the off-season plan for second-year cornerback Dwayne Gratz.

“It will be refreshing my memory and just playing things back through my mind,” he said. “Then I can tweak a few things and get more notes on what I can work on.”

High on Gratz’s to-do list is improving footwork and using his hands better, two bugaboos that got him in trouble last year. Injuries didn’t help, either.

A third-round pick from Connecticut, Gratz was impressive during the preseason (two interceptions) but lasted only 32 snaps in the opener against Kansas City before sustaining a high ankle sprain that sidelined him for five games. He had two interceptions in nine games but missed the finale with a second ankle injury.

Gratz is expected to enter training camp as a starter opposite Alan Ball. The Jaguars hope their improved pass rush will produce more interceptions for a secondary that allowed 29 touchdowns last year (tied for seventh-most in the NFL).

“Our D-line is ridiculous now,” Gratz said. “When they get pressure, hopefully that will add to our interceptions and the plays we make on the back end.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom