Who’s winning our second game?

• UConn

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • Illinois

Votes: 58 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
First thread on the football board. Going to watch the game this week. Give your honest opinions.

Reaction Score
I voted UConn because if I really believe they won’t win, why watch?

This game is big in forming an opinion of where we are in the rebuild. Much like playing Missouri last year and getting completely steamrolled made the state of the team apparent, this game can show us if we are any better a year later. This game, win or lose, will likely put me on the fire Edsall bandwagon or keep me in his corner for the time being.

Reaction Score
I voted UConn because if I really believe they won’t win, why watch?

This game is big in forming an opinion of where we are in the rebuild. Much like playing Missouri last year and getting completely steamrolled made the state of the team apparent, this game can show us if we are any better a year later. This game, win or lose, will likely put me on the fire Edsall bandwagon or keep me in his corner for the time being.
UConn did not play Missouri last year. Missouri defeated UConn 52-12 in 2017.

Reaction Score
My bad. Same applies though. Can we compete with a real power conference team again yet? This game will have me optimistic or totally frustrated and moderately hopeless, especially if we lose it 52-12. I want to see a game we compete in and have a chance in for at least 2.5 quarters. An actual varied offense would be nice too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My bad. Same applies though. Can we compete with a real team power conference team again yet? This game will have me optimistic or totally frustrated and moderately hopeless, especially if we lose it 52-12. I want to see a game we compete in and have a chance in for at least 2.5 quarters. An actual varied offense wiuld be nice too.
My thoughts on Illinois. Their offensive line is not that great, so if the UConn defense can stay on their toes, this could be a low scoring game. Epstein being out, helps UConn a lot. They need to hit the crap out of the Illinois QB early. Uconn's offensive line against Illinois's defensive front is going to be a war. Beaudry needs to be smart vs the Illinois pass rush, if he isn't, the wheels could come off early. However that could be a blessing in disguise if Steven Krajewski replaces Beaudry in the 1st half. Tough game to call, but if I'm betting cash, I'll say Illinois by 14.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Heart says UConn
Head and Gut says Kofi and Co.

Reaction Score
My thoughts on Illinois. Their offensive line is not that great, so if the UConn defense can stay on their toes, this could be a low scoring game. Epstein being out, helps UConn a lot. They need to hit the crap out of the Illinois QB early. Uconn's offensive line against Illinois's defensive front is going to be a war. Beaudry needs to be smart vs the Illinois pass rush, if he isn't, the wheels could come off early. However that could be a blessing in disguise if Steven Krajewski replaces Beaudry in the 1st half. Tough game to call, but if I'm betting cash, I'll say Illinois by 14.
The Fighting Illini return four starters from last year — all of whom started all 12 games — and a transfer from Alabama. They do lack depth.

Reaction Score
The Fighting Illini return four starters from last year — all of whom started all 12 games — and a transfer from Alabama. They do lack depth.
I'm basing that opinion on how easily Akron's pass rush was able to get after Illinois's QB last week. I watched the Illinois Akron game and the Illinois QB (Brandon Peters) was running for his life on many pass plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom