Men - UConn Hosting Regional at Elliot in the Future | The Boneyard

Men UConn Hosting Regional at Elliot in the Future

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Loving UConn playing with house money and heading to Tallahassee.
I don't want to foul up the tourney thread with a thread about facilities.
There was information out there about Elliott being built to a standard to host a regional, but there being a need for temporary seating to meet NCAA requirements.
I noticed OU and a few other sites had big tents set up in the outfield that had the official NCAA logo. Basically a "VIP" tent with folding chairs and a table. Probably had some food and drink service. Had I first seen this set up at UConn I would have thought it was ghetto or trailer park level. Now? It appears a park needing tents in the outfield is normal for regional hosts. Also UConn could easily roll in some temp bleacher seats.
Here's hoping making two super regionals in past three seasons gets UConn some respect and inline to host.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
UCSB had to bring in a bunch of temporary bleachers to the outfield to host. I think you need 1500-2000 fixed seats and lights at a minimum. What is the capacity as it stands?

UCSB's field is a joke. Probably seats 500 or so.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Upon further review, the main requirement is being able to guarantee $50k represented by 75% of expected ticket sales. With a seated capacity of just over 1,300, assuming $15 per ticket per game, UConn would need to be able to guarantee only around 600 sold tickets per game (6 games minimum). This would be a non-issue as the first 2 UConn games would likely sell at least 1200 tickets each, for $36k. Tickets are bought in a package for the regional as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1
Top Bottom