UConn Home Opener v. Yale | The Boneyard

UConn Home Opener v. Yale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That start is just what the doctor ordered for Zapata. I would think his next start will be against USC next Tuesday, and I imagine that one could be seen as another possible tryout for getting back to a weekend starting spot.

Meanwhile, the Huskies have four games scheduled for this weekend in California, so another extra starter will be needed. I would guess it will be Nepiarsky, but it also wouldn't surprise me too much if Tim Cate got the nod considering how good he was this past weekend against Liberty.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That start is just what the doctor ordered for Zapata. I would think his next start will be against USC next Tuesday, and I imagine that one could be seen as another possible tryout for getting back to a weekend starting spot.

Meanwhile, the Huskies have four games scheduled for this weekend in California, so another extra starter will be needed. I would guess it will be Nepiarsky, but it also wouldn't surprise me too much if Tim Cate got the nod considering how good he was this past weekend against Liberty.

Nepiarsky seems like he's in the doghouse again following a rough first outing. I'd put my money on Cate.

Reaction Score
I hope it is Nepiarsky. I don't like this talk of doghouse. Nepiarsky was in his doghouse all last year and then when he finally got his shot down the stretch and in the tourney he was arguably our best pitcher.

Reaction Score
Nepiarsky seems like he's in the doghouse again following a rough first outing. I'd put my money on Cate.

I hope it is Nepiarsky. I don't like this talk of doghouse. Nepiarsky was in his doghouse all last year and then when he finally got his shot down the stretch and in the tourney he was arguably our best pitcher.

You guys know I was big on Nepiarsky last year as well. One thing to remember is that according the the interviews I listened to, the coaching staff was disappointed in the fall ball and preseason that Nepiarsky had after being so good at the end of the last season. Still, with the one brief and rough relief appearance, I'm guessing that Coach Penders had Nepiarsky in mind for a middle of the week starting slot. At any rate, Chris Jones had mentioned as recently as last weekend Nepiarsky as being a possible middle of the week starter. Of course, during the preseason Tim Cate got a mention for that job as well, and that was well before he turned heads at Liberty this past weekend.

At any rate, together with the USC game next Tuesday, UConn has 5 games in 5 days. With this type of schedule, it might be a good indication to see if Nepiarsky is actually in the proverbial doghouse. Of course, with UConn's apparent new found pitching depth in the bullpen, it would be pretty easy for a previously ineffective pitcher to get a bit lost in the shuffle when it comes to getting actual game time on the pitching mound.

Reaction Score
UConnhuskies.com now has a release posted on the upcoming games at Cal State Northridge over the weekend. Included in the release are game notes, which list the probable starters for the Huskies. Kay and Montgomerie are set to go on Friday, and Rossomando has the Sunday spot. Currently scheduled for the Saturday start is Tim Cate.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...o_pdf/2015-16/release/release_20160309aaa.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom