UConn Home & Home with UNH -- 2/20 @ XL ~ 2/21 @ UNH | The Boneyard

UConn Home & Home with UNH -- 2/20 @ XL ~ 2/21 @ UNH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnMHOC 11:38am via Twitter Web Client
Students grab your free ticket today for Friday's game and remember to wear white! One student will win an XBox One!

B9-tIAeIcAArGgW.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll be there on Fri. Getting a group of friends together, several of which it will be their first UConn hockey game.

Reaction Score
What makes it even more disappointing is home ice is gone. Not the way fans want to see a season end that some really good moments.

1. UConn had some really good scoring opportunities in the first, including hitting a post, but this team just struggles enormously to put the puck in the net. Cavanaugh has to do something in order to fix this offense for next year. Tage Thompson is going to help but a lot more is needed. I know his hands are tied with the scholarship situation but this team cannot go into next year with the offense they have now and expect a different outcome.

2. How is Segalla a 3rd round NHL draft pick? His hands are not good at all. He struggled mightily tonight to keep the puck in the offensive zone. Just leaves a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
The line-up even with Richardson and Austin still needs work offensively but without those 2 we stand no chance to score 2+ goals.

Reaction Score
They have come back from a 2 goal deficit once this year. Down 2-0 to tie Maine 2-2 in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Had nothing white for this kind of weather. Cavanaugh will eventually recruit the pieces needed to win. Impressive for a first year HE squad.

Reaction Score
Hey ya never know we needed 2/3. Technically we still have a shot. Beat NH tmrw and hopefully Maine falters.

Reaction Score
Need some wings that can pass deftly, a center or two that can set up shop in front of the crease (a la Phil Esposito), & some blueliners that think that checking the opposition's front line into the boards is the point of being on ice. Oh, & PLEASE stop that nasty habit of passing the puck up ice in front of the crease!
Actually, had a great time. Our goalkeeper is solid. Saw some good things, especially in the first period. This team is representing well in its first year of competition at this level.

Reaction Score
I decided to sleep on my impressions of last nights game. With one regular season game left at home (...and hopefully 3 in the HE tournament) last night I walked out of the XL Center with this question sticking in my mind: Is the scout who recommended that the Penguins draft Ryan Segalla still employed. He has not had a good year overall...or at least a year worthy of a kid who was a 4th round pick in the 2013 NHL draft. Hopefully this is a sophomore slump year and he comes back with a strong Junior campaign. It has been a fun year watching this team, Nichols has proved to be a solid goalie, the freshman have had a impact playing major minutes game in and game in and game out (Corey Ronan quickly became a favorite of mine...that kid gives his all on the ice each and every shift). Injuries to Johnny Austin (broken finger) and Evan Richardson (concussion) have definitely hurt. The development of this freshman class and the talent of next years incoming freshman will be interesting to watch. It willalsom be interesting to see what happens to the roster next year...if there is any members of the present junior class who are not asked to return.

Reaction Score
I caught second-hand embarrassment from the student section at the game last night. They might as well not even bother coming to be honest.

Reaction Score
They all must have been there for the Xbox 1 because none of them were there to cheer on the team.

Reaction Score
Really long shot to win tonight but hoping for a gift from the hockey gods tonight.

Reaction Score
That's nice that the FB page wasn't even bothered enough to throw up a post telling people we're playing on NESN... :mad:

Reaction Score
.... 5 minutes before the game lol. UConn cares about promoting hockey....

Reaction Score
UHN laughs at our hockey program. Our players are sort of demoralized. I hope they can pull it off, too.

UNH fan taught me UNH stands for University of No Hardware. :D

Reaction Score
@Uconn huskies "let's not tell our followers one of our team's is playing on NESN, we should RT a Jim Penders interview instead"

Are you joking me?

Reaction Score
Misplay by Drake leading to the goal. How is it that 2 of UConn's three worst defensemen are NHL draft picks?

UConn definitely not built for an Olympic size rink. Huge disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom