UConn Holds the Record for Consecutive Double Digit Wins in the NCAA Tournament! | The Boneyard

UConn Holds the Record for Consecutive Double Digit Wins in the NCAA Tournament!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UConn now has eight straight double digit wins in the NCAA tournament. Seven in a row was the double digit record. 8>7 so even though I'm not a math nerd and specifically I'm not a Syracuse Alum I know we are doing good.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
"The Huskies (33-3) have now won their last eight games in the NCAA tournament by double digits. It's the second-longest streak of all time, one shy of the great 2000-01 Michigan State team."

Pulled from ESPN article released early this morning.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"The Huskies (33-3) have now won their last eight games in the NCAA tournament by double digits. It's the second-longest streak of all time, one shy of the great 2000-01 Michigan State team."

Pulled from ESPN article released early this morning.
In yesterday’s game they made the statement about seven straight. That was my source.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
"This pitcher hasn't given up a home run to a left handed batter in three years!"

Left handed batter comes to the plate. We all know how that ends.
Or has made 30 straight free throws and the announcer for some reason has to mention it. Coupled with the bad camera view the one from under the basket taken by the camera operator seated on the rolling chair. He has to move to get the angle for the shot the player sees that and it has to be distracting.

And of course the greatest one of all the announcer having to mention it’s a no hitter through 8 2/3 innings.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"This pitcher hasn't given up a home run to a left handed batter in three years!"

Left handed batter comes to the plate. We all know how that ends.

Do you think any media person has the power to make the opposite happen just by saying something on the air?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do you think any media person has the power to make the opposite happen just by saying something on the air?
Not as precisely as you've chosen your words, which makes your question too front-loaded to receive a reply that might look 'conventionally' foolish by falling short of many measurements by scientific method, but I'd similarly reject that any or all thoughts, prayers, wishes, writings, cheering, and recruiting others to join along in such efforts have no effect whatsoever on performance or outcome. It's a broader topic than can be fully contained by what I suspect you were looking to tilt toward certainty.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s called messin with the mojo. It’s very scientific
Exactly.

For the life of me I cannot understand why so many refuse to acknowlege the existence of mojo. As a fan, rituals, superstitions, routines in an attempt to add to good or to break mojo, vibes, momentum, absolutely can have an impact the outcome and this is not hokum, but actual science.

All one needs to have is a basic understanding of quantum mechanics to verify this. The Observer Effect states that one can change the nature orbehavior of an object by changing the position they are observing it. This doesn't even take into account the possibility of some quanta, attached to a can or bottle of Lite or Rolling Rock (or perhaps a chicken wing) could well be entangled with a quanta attached to the basketball than an opponent just released, which may or may not make it through the hoop depending on the movement of the entangled particles.

Seriously, I don't see why some are having such a difficult time with it; it's just quantum mechanics and particle physics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom