UConn hires former Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe to conduct a “review” of the athletic department | The Boneyard

UConn hires former Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe to conduct a “review” of the athletic department

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I said this in the other thread, but I hope this doesn’t mean we’re hitting our wagon to the big 12 lame horse. I don’t think the big 12 has stability in the long term for us to give up on the Big East. Because once we’re gone, there’s no coming back.

On the other hand, I’m glad that we are not excepting the status quo.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
These consulting jobs are the biggest con jobs of all time. Look what the former B1G commish Delaney was able to do for CUSA... they got laughed at. All it is is the pilfering of university funds for little to no net positive impact for the university. Just like hiring firms for coaches.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
These consulting jobs are the biggest con jobs of all time. Look what the former B1G commish Delaney was able to do for CUSA... they got laughed at. All it is is the pilfering of university funds for little to no net positive impact for the university. Just like hiring firms for coaches.

It's somewhere between virtue signaling and smoke signals. You are right that it rarely leads to empirical changes justifying the cost.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Shows the ACC (and Big10) that we're serious about our future.

LOL… if the past 12 years hasn’t shown that.

Hiring this guy does nothing to show we are serious. He’s today’s Tagliabue and nothing more who can’t move the needle on realignment.

Reaction Score
Having worked with complex organizations and being involved in many cases of misconduct, Dan joined with Mike McCall, J.D., to form PFA Consulting, a human relations risk management firm to assist institutions in identifying, preventing and appropriately addressing misconduct by providing protection for all.

Beebe’s risk management consulting group has worked with about 20 schools, including the University of Minnesota, on improving their policies, educating staff and tackling internal issues before they blow up into scandals.

“Anytime you put people together there’s a risk of them mistreating each other,” Beebe said. “You throw in athletics with the power dynamics with coaches, then you really have the potential for more concerns.”

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
EFDF639C-6BAE-4D4B-A6B7-00EBC7FB8456.jpeg

Reaction Score
Dan Beebe was a clown of a commissioner. The guy Marinatto sent roses to. Makes sense we hired him.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Much ado about nuttin’

Is that really the reason? Title 9 basically a counting exercise and as incompetent as our AD is in certain respects, I need to believe we have folks with a 3rd grade education in-house.

Reaction Score
LOL… if the past 12 years hasn’t shown that.

Hiring this guy does nothing to show we are serious. He’s today’s Tagliabue and nothing more who can’t move the needle on realignment.
I wasn't saying this is directly related to realignment. I'm saying this shows our hoped-for ultimate landing spots (obviously ACC more likely than Big10) that we are professionally run, invest in our affairs/bring in experts when needed, and will spend money to do so. I'd be worried if we did everything in house just to save money - that gives a signal of being second-rate. Now, we can argue all day as to the pros and cons of these firms (this one, Parker Executive, etc.) but that's another episode.

Reaction Score

Or in our case, hiring football coaches.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Much ado about nuttin’

The more I thought about this, this is exactly what UCONN would have to say about this given that we just re-joined the Big East. I highly doubt this is Title IX related.

Reaction Score
The more I thought about this, this is exactly what UCONN would have to say about this given that we just re-joined the Big East. I highly doubt this is Title IX related.
I have followed the forum debate about UConn football staying as a FBS independent or downsizing to FCS. Have you heard any rumors about this consultant looking at that topic for your BoT?

Reaction Score
I have followed the forum debate about UConn football staying as a FBS independent or downsizing to FCS. Have you heard any rumors about this consultant looking at that topic for your BoT?
MOOT point as the Governor of CT. is on public record stating that The State & the UConn Board of Trustees are firmly behind UConn staying in FBS.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
If you are looking at downgrading, I don't think Beebe is who you hire...you just show up at Big East media days and talk to Georgetown and Villanova.

Reaction Score

nobody downsizes to FCS; it is a phenomenally losing proposition

Idaho? Got relegated primarily because of geography. WE have a great independent schedule going forward and almost P5 facilities from our Big East origin. Stop trolling.

Reaction Score
nobody downsizes to FCS; it is a phenomenally losing proposition

Idaho? Got relegated primarily because of geography. WE have a great independent schedule going forward and almost P5 facilities from our Big East origin. Stop trolling.
I wasn't trolling. I was seeking a reason for the consultant hire.

Reaction Score
My dad said that Consulting is made up of people who think they know stuff talking to people who think they don't know stuff. :)

I did have to clean it up a bit...
My organization once paid big money to a consultant who developed a reorganization. Six years later they hired a consultant whose reorganization plan reversed everything. They could have saved a lot by listening to their employees

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm saying this shows our hoped-for ultimate landing spots (obviously ACC more likely than Big10) that we are professionally run, invest in our affairs/bring in experts when needed, and will spend money to do so.

Im so sorry CTFAN but what a bunch of total BS.

1. Our past and most recent actions by the Department and AD have shown anything but being a professional organization
2. The department and school are run by the state of CT, investment has been questionable at best and please tell me what "experts" have been employed - this guy Beebe is a proven flop.
3. UConn wastes money more than it spends

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom