UConn Highlights vs New Haven | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights vs New Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some quick takeaways from me.

-Larrier is much more athletic than Hamilton
-They have the horses to run, run, and run some more
-Jackson's shot is pure, his last two or three shots didn't touch the rim.
-Adams jump shot looks more fluid
-I hope we get to see more Durham and Diarra in the next exhibition

Reaction Score
Facey looks noticeably bigger. I'm usually skeptical about the typical best "shape of his life" offseason reports. He looks bigger and more confident. He's going to be a monster on the offensive glass this year.

Larrier is so versatile. He's going to be a very good player, but guys who can do it all are often expected to do it all night in and night out.

Jackson will be useful as a spot up shooter this year, but kind of has that slow-mo feel to him at this point.

Enoch doesn't have to be a shot blocker, but he needs to stay on his man and rebound the ball. I want Larrier out in transition, not leading the team in defensive rebounding.

The guards just need to play smart on offense and defense and keep the pace up. They're so talented, I'm not worried about them.

Reaction Score
Geez... Larrier does not look small or skinny in any way. Some others said it, but this is the first time I'm seeing it.

Reaction Score
I am officially excited. I probably shouldn't be because it's an edited reel of highlights. Also, there's plenty of written material that suggests we kinda stunk it up defensively. But whatever, we are gunna ROCK!!

Reaction Score
I am officially excited. I probably shouldn't be because it's an edited reel of highlights. Also, there's plenty of written material that suggests we kinda stunk it up defensively. But whatever, we are gunna ROCK!!

I was at the game, you should be excited. This was some of the best and most uptempo offensive I have seen from the huskies in a long time. For long stretches of the game there was great ball movement by all the players on the court. They have the players to finally get be a very good offensive transition team (something we have not seen in a while). Score of the game was indicative of the potential this team has. Really, really excited about Facey!

Reaction Score
The highlights strung together are great, Facey looked confident on offense, didn't we have a tape of him knocking down 3's in practice at one time? Jackson can do more than shoot 3's and Larrier is not the skinny kid from freshman year tapes at VCU. Durham's release and shot looked smooth didn't it?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Geez... Larrier does not look small or skinny in any way. Some others said it, but this is the first time I'm seeing it.

He looks like a beast. If his shot is falling this season, he'll be in the NBA next season. How did he look defensively?

Reaction Score
He looks like a beast. If his shot is falling this season, he'll be in the NBA next season. How did he look defensively?
No clue. All I've seen is these few highlights. As I'm sure you noticed, defensively highlights are not really included. That said, the first few highlights appear to show a press and Larrier looks involved.

He kinda looks like Clarke from Ville (a few years back).

Reaction Score
I was at the game, you should be excited. This was some of the best and most uptempo offensive I have seen from the huskies in a long time. For long stretches of the game there was great ball movement by all the players on the court. They have the players to finally get be a very good offensive transition team (something we have not seen in a while). Score of the game was indicative of the potential this team has. Really, really excited about Facey!
I was with you until you said you are really, really excited about Facey. Obviously, I'm hoping he has a solid senior year, but really, really? I mean, we are talking about Facey. I would probably just say I'm excited. Maybe really excited. Really, really excited is nuts.

Reaction Score

Talking about Vance I assume? Footspeed doesn't seem to be a strength of his. Let's hold off a bit on the NBA talk.

Reaction Score
I was with you until you said you are really, really excited about Facey. Obviously, I'm hoping he has a solid senior year, but really, really? I mean, we are talking about Facey. I would probably just say I'm excited. Maybe really excited. Really, really excited is nuts.

Facey is the reincarnation of Hilton Armstrong.

I am excited. As in, really, really.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
UConn should have passed out tickets to high school kid from Hartford for this game.

Reaction Score
No no, I was there and the thing I took away from the game was Facey. Maybe we all saw a mirage like when you're out in the dessert and see water.

Reaction Score
No no, I was there and the thing I took away from the game was Facey. Maybe we all saw a mirage like when you're out in the dessert and see water.
He definitely looked fluid in the highlights, but I thought everyone looked good in those highlights.

Reaction Score
I really like the variety of offensive weapons we have. In the past few years there were times where you just weren't sure who could get us a bucket. It's not so much that any individual person is going to average 20, but that they all complement each other well with the diversity of styles and confidence in finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom