UConn Highlights: Scott Hazelton | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Scott Hazelton

Reaction Score
He was a limited finesse player who was never going to work with Calhoun's style that emphasized athleticism and toughness. Rewatching those clips, it's remarkable how unexplosive he was. A 6'8" 210 Big East athlete and he wasn't dunking anything around the rim, even when he had space and time. We'll never know how much damage that foot injury he suffered as a senior in high school did long-term.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Didn't he have some type of foot injury that he could never shake?

Reaction Score
Didn't he have some type of foot injury that he could never shake?

That's fair, I had forgotten about that... But, it's still worth noting that those rankings can be super misleading. Taliek was a big-time scorer in high school due to his physicality. Now he had a very fine career. But it took one possession to realize he was never going to be a very good offensive player. In Hazelton's case, he had some skills and those skills could dominate the HS level. But man, he was one of the most unathletic players (at his position) that I can remember us having.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He was a limited finesse player who was never going to work with Calhoun's style that emphasized athleticism and toughness. Rewatching those clips, it's remarkable how unexplosive he was. A 6'8" 210 Big East athlete and he wasn't dunking anything around the rim, even when he had space and time. We'll never know how much damage that foot injury he suffered as a senior in high school did long-term.
Hazelton dunked on me in a pickup game once. He looked pretty explosive at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom