UConn Highlights: Kemba Walker - Junior Season (2010-2011) | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Kemba Walker - Junior Season (2010-2011)

Reaction Score
Last I saw Jimmer Fredette was losing in the semi-finals in "The Basketball Tournament".....and Ben Hansbrough was resigning as player development staff for WKU for a DUI

Selection committees really nailed it in 2011

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How many times did we kill people with that backdoor cut? Like obviously that was on the scouting report and people still just couldn’t be bothered to stop it!

Reaction Score
What a great reminder of just how special Kemba was that season. I wish every one of our players had that same work ethic he has. Truly an all time Husky, and one of the best rides of my life.

Reaction Score
How many times did we kill people with that backdoor cut? Like obviously that was on the scouting report and people still just couldn’t be bothered to stop it!
And Boat did the same thing for 3 more years! Helps when you're not only the best athlete on the floor but the quickest one too

Reaction Score
Idc how talented any future recruit or player ever is, to ever expect them to be THIS good is not fair. This kid was sooooooooo dominant. He had so many dominant games that year against high quality competition. I often forget just how special and transcendent he was. Im glad to have been a witness to that season, i'll never forget it

Reaction Score
The debate over who is the best player ever to don the UConn Husky uniform for a career is certainly worthy of debate, one that many of us have engaged in over the last few years.

But frankly there should be no debate as to who had the best single year as a UConn Husky. It was Kemba Walker in 2010-2011. Without him we would have been fighting to be .500 that year. His leadership started from the summer time, and ran right through the most amazing 11-game run college basketball has ever seen or will ever see. Thank you Kemba Walker for everything you did for that team, and our university. Coach Calhoun was right to retire your number at the National Championship ceremony in Gampel upon your homecoming after winning it all. You put us on your shoulders and gave us one incredible ride... and thank you tcf15 for your great work in helping to capture the essence of that special year, amazing run and one truly great and awe-inspiring Husky!

Reaction Score
But frankly there should be no debate as to who had the best single year as a UConn Husky. It was Kemba Walker in 2010-2011.

Kemba set the record that year for most points in a season in program history (965), most field goals made (316), most free throws made (258), most minutes played (1543). He literally was the alpha and the omega.

EDIT: To add one more stat, he is 2nd all time in Win Shares (started 94-95 season) in a season -- 1st is Okafor 2003-2004.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom