UConn Highlights: Jalen Adams & Christian Vital | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Jalen Adams & Christian Vital

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Just watched the CV highlights. How is anyone going to keep this kid off the floor this year? There's something about his confidence level that makes him a lot more of a player than anyone realized going in to last year. He finds ways to get open for the J, and his interior moves and shots are (for lack of a better word) clever. He sees the open angles and exploits them. I don't care if he starts, but he needs and deserves starters minutes.

Reaction Score
Love this. Thank you tcf15.

Only watched Vital so far. So much to be excited about. Great knack for cutting to the rim without the ball and also for grabbing rebounds/loose balls on offense. Combine that with being a self-professed sniper, and you’ve got the perfect guard to compliment Jalen and Al on offense. If he was 3 inches taller, he’d be on the national radar I think.

Reaction Score
CV is a victim of the classic missed assessment - "he plays a lot better in person than he does on paper."

CV is underrated by a lot of people on here. Classic winner, will be a 4 uear cornerstone of the problem. Just seems to make the right play

Reaction Score
Watching the Adams highlights now.

In Maui, he played with an unmatched swagger. Just pure confidence - constantly attacking, and swishing shots from virtually everywhere on the floor with ease. Obviously, this was the moment when he realized this was his team. Larrier and Gilbert went down and Purvis hadn't shown up yet, so Adams had no choice but to become the alpha dog.

Next year, I really hope he can figure out a way to not only maintain that level of confidence, but also empower his teammates to feel the same way. This could be a really fun team to watch, even if they aren't as dominant a team as some of us might like them to be.

Reaction Score
Just watched the CV highlights. How is anyone going to keep this kid off the floor this year? There's something about his confidence level that makes him a lot more of a player than anyone realized going in to last year. He finds ways to get open for the J, and his interior moves and shots are (for lack of a better word) clever. He sees the open angles and exploits them. I don't care if he starts, but he needs and deserves starters minutes.
He reminds of a regular season version of finals Ricky Moore.

Reaction Score
Watching those CV highlights, all I can think is that if he's worked his tail off since last season, there's a chance that announcers might figure out how to say his name this year. But seriously, some of the takes on his role on this year's team on this board have been absurd. He Has a chance to take a step forward and become a lethal outside shooter that can also pulled the ball down and attack when people start cheating up on D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom