UConn Highlights: AJ Price (2008-2009) | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: AJ Price (2008-2009)

Reaction Score
One of the more underrated players we've had. He was clutch, tough, and a good leader. Until Kemba came along and blew the doors off of everything, I thought Price was the best PG we'd ever had; I thought he was a little bit better than KEA as a collegiate. We probably would have cut the nets down in '06 if he was healthy (and not suspended). That team needed a backup PG/extra ball handler so badly.

Also, this is peak baggy shorts era. Good grief at the shorts on Kemba and even Thabeet. Thabeet's shorts might be 4' long. Also crazy, but Price was the leader of the last great wire-to-wire UConn team. Near the top of the polls all season, top of the Big East standings, a trip to the FF, etc. It's been 11 damn years. I hope Hurley gets us back there soon.

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The inside out dribble and point at McNeal is one of my favorite UConn moments, around the 15:50 mark. I had some mutual friends with AJ while I was at UConn, not just a great player but just a good dude as well.

Last edited:

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
That game against Gonzaga at the Battle in Seattle was incredible. I remember Gavin Edwards played out of his mind that day, and then of course AJ hitting that ridiculously clutch 3 to send it to OT. What a win.

Also, seeing the Big East logo on the XL Center floor is a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
My top 3 favorite UConn PG ever along with Kemba and Bazz, also pretty remarkable that he came back from a torn ACL in March 08 and was ready to go by the season opener in Nov 08. Took him a minute to get back to his dominant form from his junior year but that recovery window is nuts.

Reaction Score
So nice seeing us face a #21 team at home and be a big favorite.

Reaction Score

1. For sure underrated.
2. One of the great senior seasons in UConn history.
3. I had supreme confidence when he was shooting. He's right up there with Caron: 2 players I knew were going to make that key shot.
4. What a big man situation: Thabeet, Adrien, Stanley Robinson, Edwards. They came at you in waves.
5. My favorite UConn uniforms ever.

Reaction Score
if Jerome Dyson didnt get hurt that year, there wouldve been another banner hanging up in Storrs

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Also, this is peak baggy shorts era. Good grief at the shorts on Kemba and even Thabeet. Thabeet's shorts might be 4' long.
This. Especially with how short they are getting now! I promise you, eventually the style will go back to long/baggy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom