UConn Heads to Central Florida for New Year's Day Game | The Boneyard

UConn Heads to Central Florida for New Year's Day Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Huskies will face UCF (10-3) on Sunday at 1pm

Massey has UConn winning 86-41 with 100% certainty...........Hopefully the Huskies will be illness free by game time. UCF has little height and is not a very good three point shooting team so they should pose no serious threat to the Huskies unless the majority of the team is throwing up.................their most impressive games so far were a 66-59 win over Butler or a three point loss to Virginia Tech............UCF averages 66.4 pts per game and give up 52.3 pts per game.....as a team they shoot .420% and only .274 from three point line averaging three made three pointers per game

Zykira Lewis (16.5), Aliyah Gregory(12.0), Fifi Ndour(9.0) Joselyn Massey(8.3) and Tolulope Omokore(7.8) are UCF's top scorers

Reaction Score
New coach there, Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. She was at U-Albany (NY) for 6 years. While she was there, they won their conference (America East) regular season and tournament titles multiple times with multiple trips to the NCAA. Of course, few if any of her current players at UCF are her recruits. But she built a winning tradition at Albany, so UCF may be more competitive, if not this year, then in the future as she tries to build her own team there. And that can only be good for the AAC.
Oh, and Nykesha Sales is an assistant there!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
New coach there, Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. She was at U-Albany (NY) for 6 years. While she was there, they won their conference (America East) regular season and tournament titles multiple times with multiple trips to the NCAA. Of course, few if any of her current players at UCF are her recruits. But she built a winning tradition at Albany, so UCF may be more competitive, if not this year, then in the future as she tries to build her own team there. And that can only be good for the AAC.

Did not know that. Very interesting. Geno seems to treat his progeny quite harshly.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I read about this when it first happened. The AAC has a few new coaches this year and really I think all the changes were for the better. I think that is a great hire for UCF.

Reaction Score
UCF is a better team this year than they have been in recent years, but they are still a
long way from being a match for the Huskies. Still, I'm glad they have made some
improvement and hope that trend will continue under their new coach(es).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I read about this when it first happened. The AAC has a few new coaches this year and really I think all the changes were for the better. I think that is a great hire for UCF.

I agree. It is the UConn glow/draft effect. I'd like to think UConn will not stick around long enough to see the full effect, but you never know.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I agree. It is the UConn glow/draft effect. I'd like to think UConn will not stick around long enough to see the full effect, but you never know.
You and I both. Wasn't she the coach who almost beat Duke in the tourney?

Reaction Score
I believe they did. I think they are already in Florida. Wonder what they are going to do tonight and tomorrow. I guess they won't be allowed to watch the ball drop.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

No doubt they did. Usually when a team has another date in another city, (if they fly commercial, and can get a flight out) they usually leave right after the game. Since UConn travels via charter, they don't have to concern themselves with flight schedules, or connecting flights. Unless they are restricted by local ordnance (Some smaller airports are restricted from operating beyond a certain time, i.e, 10:00 pm due to noise abatement protocol), they leave and go directly to their next destination right after the game., so that once they get to their next destination, they don't have to concern themselves with flight delays (airport operations), weather and such, and they can relax.

Weekend weather report - Per Accu-weather, the forecast for the Orlando Florida area this weekend is "very hot with clouds and sun" - a high of 84 degrees.

The forecast for Storrs over the weekend: highs around 42 with snow and some breeze, burrrrr. This weekend, the girls can lounge and relax by the hotel pool relax and convalesce.
Fresh air and the right meds can do wonders for colds & flu over a 48 hour period. Hopefully the staff will allow them to get their legs back. The girls should be OK for Sunday's game.
I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Huskies will face UCF (10-3) on Sunday at 1pm

Massey has UConn winning 86-41 with 100% certainty......Hopefully the Huskies will be illness free by game time. UCF has little height and is not a very good three point shooting team so they should pose no serious threat to the Huskies unless the majority of the team is throwing up.......their most impressive games so far were a 66-59 win over Butler or a three point loss to Virginia Tech..UCF averages 66.4 pts per game and give up 52.3 pts per game.....as a team they shoot .420% and only .274 from three point line averaging three made three pointers per game

Zykira Lewis (16.5), Aliyah Gregory(12.0), Fifi Ndour(9.0) Joselyn Massey(8.3) and Tolulope Omokore(7.8) are UCF's top scorers
Is Fifi Ndour related to Astou Ndour?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How about gets healthy! Apparently that bug has been working its way through more than Katie Lou.

Cut & pasted from one of my earlier posts - Two reasons illnesses travel from player to player within a team is:
1. Touching anything another player that's sick touches; such as door handles, balls, towels, water bottles, etc.
2. Players HABITUALLY "slap hands" when running lay-up lines or drills. The best and quickest way to transmit germs and viruses to others.
3. Players (people) will cover their mouths/nose during a cough or sneeze, then later (without thinking), slap other player's hands. The result?. Germs/virus successfully transferred.

This is why when one player get sick, it spreads throughout the entire team. How many times last night did you see players slap hands after a good play, or going into a timeout? It's the same dynamic in daycare centers, or at schools. Germs spread like wild fire there. Some kids/preschoolers don't cover their mouths, and will cough directly in another child's face. Touching anything a child that is sick or has a cold touches (toys), bingo, now you've got the germs. Medicate the team, stop the hand slapping, be very careful what you touch during this time of year (the winter cold and flu season), and all should be well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou could use a little warm sunshine. And orange juice.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I hope they aren't too hung over by game time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nice to be in Florida the beginning of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom