UConn has expanded its partnership with Opendorse to include an official Name, Image, Likeness Marketplace | The Boneyard

UConn has expanded its partnership with Opendorse to include an official Name, Image, Likeness Marketplace

Reaction Score

UConn Insider Article:
-> The marketplace will act as a one-stop-shop for brands, fans and donors looking to partner with student-athletes through NIL. From UConn women’s basketball star Paige Bueckers to homegrown Husky Donovan Clingan, athletes will now have the chance to easily promote and profit off their personal brands through one all-encompassing portal.

"There’s two pieces to this," said Jason Butikofer, UConn's pinpoint leader on its NIL activity. "I think there’s the corporation-brand piece of, ‘OK, I’m looking for a student-athlete to do an Instagram campaign with my company. I want to use a UConn student-athlete that’s on the basketball team. I can click here and search through all that and based on their profiles, get a concept of who’s a good fit.’ …

"I also think that this is a strong fan-facing deal because you have student-athletes that are willing to do shoutouts, appearances … I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to definitely serve as the epicenter of the ability to connect. It centralizes it instead of maybe DM-ing somebody on Instagram." <-

Direct link to Marketplace <<<

Reaction Score
I want a player to shout me out during a softball game. Wonder what that would cost? :)

Reaction Score
We should make a pool of cash and give it to the player of the week as decided by the boneyard. Give the boys something to work for! Hah

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We should make a pool of cash and give it to the player of the week as decided by the boneyard. Give the boys something to work for! Hah
I don’t think we could just give them cash, but we could hire them to create a video and post it on The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we could just give them cash, but we could hire them to create a video and post it on The Boneyard.
Ok….we can pay the player of the week to make a shoutout video to the boneyard.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Ok….we can pay the player of the week to make a shoutout video to the boneyard.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
EA Sports NCAA Football 2023?

-> "Our partnership with The Brandr Group will provide UConn student-athletes with additional opportunities to monetize their name, image and likeness, and enhance their personal brands," director of athletics David Benedict said. "The Brandr Group is a significant leader in this space and will help facilitate student-athlete NIL-endeavors in areas such as co-branded apparel, video games, and trading cards. We are excited to partner with The Brandr Group and are confident that our fans will take advantage of the additional opportunities to support our student-athletes that TBG will help provide." <-

-> While no specific timetable is set, fans can expect to be able to purchase official UConn merchandise, including team jerseys with the name and number of players who have joined the respective group licensing program, once TBG enters into agreements with applicable school trademark licensees. <-

Reaction Score
EA Sports NCAA Football 2023?

-> "Our partnership with The Brandr Group will provide UConn student-athletes with additional opportunities to monetize their name, image and likeness, and enhance their personal brands," director of athletics David Benedict said. "The Brandr Group is a significant leader in this space and will help facilitate student-athlete NIL-endeavors in areas such as co-branded apparel, video games, and trading cards. We are excited to partner with The Brandr Group and are confident that our fans will take advantage of the additional opportunities to support our student-athletes that TBG will help provide." <-

-> While no specific timetable is set, fans can expect to be able to purchase official UConn merchandise, including team jerseys with the name and number of players who have joined the respective group licensing program, once TBG enters into agreements with applicable school trademark licensees. <-

Being able to buy Official UConn gear with the names and numbers of the players is key. It is odd not being able to do that.

Reaction Score
At a minimum, we must be in the top 5 of the G5 for player NIL opportunities. I’m just guess ing here, but I would also expect to be be ranked higher than many P5 schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom