UConn has been very proactive about the Facey situation. | The Boneyard

UConn has been very proactive about the Facey situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not. If this was Miami or Auburn, it would have been sorted out in 48 hours.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UConn hired Angie Cretors at the time this was all going down. That was a smart move but it contributed to the problem of getting things reviewed by the NCAA in that the staff at the NCAA was considerably depleted before her departure.

Also Emmert is still in charge. Hopefully his vendetta was primarily with JC and not UConn.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
These are reasons why BCS schools will end up leaving the NCAA one day. This shouldn't be taking this long to make a decision on his case.

Reaction Score
Based on history, UConn is TERRIBLE in addressing these kinds of issues. You'd think we never recruited a kid from anywhere but West Hartford. This has been a problem going back a decade or more. We seem unable to anticipate and unable to respond in a quick and efficient way. UConn acted like it was a surprize that Facey had this issue. Did anyone form th eAthletic Department, you know, talk to the kid? maybe his accent gave away that he wasn't from Fairfield...

Reaction Score
Based on history, UConn is TERRIBLE in addressing these kinds of issues. You'd think we never recruited a kid from anywhere but West Hartford. This has been a problem going back a decade or more. We seem unable to anticipate and unable to respond in a quick and efficient way. UConn acted like it was a surprize that Facey had this issue. Did anyone form th eAthletic Department, you know, talk to the kid? maybe his accent gave away that he wasn't from Fairfield...

They did talk to him, and he said, "Every little thing gonna be alright. Don't worry, about a thing, Mon."

Then they said to him, "Um, that's an interesting Brooklyn accent."

He replied, "I say east, say west, say north and south, these things make me jump and shout!"

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
These are reasons why BCS schools will end up leaving the NCAA one day. This shouldn't be taking this long to make a decision on his case.
I think that is part of the issue. Big time football programs have their cases evaluated with lightning speed and usually in the favor of the big time football program (ref: it seemed like Johnny football's and Cam Newton's cases were "fully" investigated and final decisions were made in less than 48 hours)...UConn's cases (ref: Boat and now Facey)...not so much

Reaction Score
I think that is part of the issue. Big time football programs have their cases evaluated with lightning speed and usually in the favor of the big time football program (ref: it seemed like Johnny football's and Cam Newton's cases were "fully" investigated and final decisions were made in less than 48 hours)...UConn's cases (ref: Boat and now Facey)...not so much

Right. There is something very strange that happens with this basketball eligibility questions, particularly as they relate to UConn. The Cam Newton and Manziel investigations were much, much, more factually intensive - what we have with Facey amounts essentially to a rules interpretation issue, there's no "investigation" that needs to be done - and they were basically wrapped up in a weekend. Presumably the NCAA interviewed everyone they needed to interview, did a comprehensive investigation, analyzed the issues, and rendered a decision in a couple days. Meanwhile, these bonesmokers take 6 months to interpret a rule.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They did talk to him, and he said, "Every little thing gonna be alright. Don't worry, about a thing, Mon."

Then they said to him, "Um, that's an interesting Brooklyn accent."

He replied, "I say east, say west, say north and south, these things make me jump and shout!"
Well at least he didn't kill no deputy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
UConn hired Angie Cretors at the time this was all going down. That was a smart move but it contributed to the problem of getting things reviewed by the NCAA in that the staff at the NCAA was considerably depleted before her departure.

Also Emmert is still in charge. Hopefully his vendetta was primarily with JC and not UConn.

See my thread on Emmert. Does that look like a guy who backs down? Not a chance.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If it's anything like past UConn history, this case will bleed into the season, forcing the kid to sit, adding to the uncertainty, and then tacking on some games or years of ineligibility afterwards. Boatright wasn't the only one in the past iirc.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
At this rate he might be cleared for spring semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads