Uconn has announced a range of support services to help players secure NIL deals | The Boneyard

Uconn has announced a range of support services to help players secure NIL deals

Reaction Score
Uconn is all over it. Glad to see the support ramping up. They have teamed up with Opendorse but also helped form a booster NIL collective apparently. An org has hired a full time sales person to support it. This should help our kids arrange NIL deals. Kids with high profiles but also kids who are just starting out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Uconn is all over it. Glad to see the support ramping up. They have teamed up with Opendorse but also helped form a booster NIL collective apparently. An org has hired a full time sales person to support it. This should help our kids arrange NIL deals. Kids with high profiles but also kids who are just starting out.

Great news TeamFirst. Thanks for posting. The first thing I thought when I saw your post was : good, EVERYBODY eats. Nice to see they are trying to include foreign athletes also who are restricted from NIL deals because of visa protocols. I would like to see ALL of our girls benefit monetarily from their name, image and likeness because that is now the world we live in. It's the current climate of college sports.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
"The new initiatives were made possible in part by a state law that goes into effect July 1. It will allow athletes to use the school’s name and logos in NIL deals, something that was previously prohibited in Connecticut."

I wonder if they'll sell official player jerseys starting July 1.

Reaction Score
It's good to see they are not late to the party either. This is impacting recruiting all across the country. Uconn is well positioned now to literally enable these kids to make a living potentially from NIL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom