UConn gets mentioned in an article about Texas A and M | The Boneyard

UConn gets mentioned in an article about Texas A and M

Reaction Score
Sorry everyone, maybe not a big deal for some, or even many of you. But I can't get enough of UConn popping up everywhere!

"And yet while Williams is probably right that Texas A&M deserves better than the NIT, its omission from the NCAA tournament is not the miscarriage of justice that he makes it out to be. This was not the committee leaving out UCLA or UConn or some other season-long AP Top 25 team."

UConn is firmly placed in the minds of more and more writers across the country!

Any way, I think you could make valid arguments about A and M over Indiana or Rutgers, heck even Michigan. But, just the same, you could make equally valid arguements for Rutgers or Indiana over A and M. I think A and M even deserved a spot over Notre Dame from a down ACC. A and M was probably the only legit snub this year in a field of 68 that was, otherwise, pretty straight forward as far as picking the 68 teams.

Reaction Score
Their explanation from the committee was funny.
They basically said Rutgers, Michigan & Indianas overall record and such as excusable due to the talented league they play in
Then said A&M plays in a talented league, but didn’t excuse their loss stretch early in the year. And that just cause they won a bunch in a good league, it was a matter of circumstance. They really spoke out both sides on this

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No apology necessary, it's a good find. The guy could have picked a number of teams there but he went with what first came to mind.

Reaction Score
When I think of A&M I think of the '09 team that absolutely pounded them in the second round. I always think of Mark Turgeon's post-game press conference when he just seemed completely defeated and said "We just could not guard them."

Reaction Score
If you put together a season where you are on the bubble. Don't be surprised when your bubble bursts.

Reaction Score
The worst “snub” I can remember was Larry Brown and SMU in 2014. Weren’t they in the top 25 on Selection Sunday? The AAC was disrespected as a whole that year.

aTm snub was surprising but not egregious

xclamations

Best nicknamer, conference realignment historian
Reaction Score
Aggies should be in the dance instead of Michigan

Reaction Score
There are 68 selected. 36 At Large Teams - most P5 conference teams that played decent get picked. That is, quite frankly, too many. And I'd argue that there are regular season conference champs from mid majors that are more deserving.

This reminds me of Boeheim who's Syracuse team didn't get picked one year for MM. He suddenly stated that the Tournament ought to expand to 128. I hear Buzz talking about Seniors who wouldn't get to experience the great tournament and how he agonized over the data for 2 days. Man ... life is full of misses.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been less likely to listen to the whiners since they went to 68 teams.

Reaction Score
When I think of A&M I think of the '09 team that absolutely pounded them in the second round. I always think of Mark Turgeon's post-game press conference when he just seemed completely defeated and said "We just could not guard them."
I remember watching that beat down and thinking to myself how comfortable the margin was from beginning to end. AJ with 27/8/5 and Adrien with 23/8. Stanley was in doubles, as was Edwards off the bench. We only hit five 3s that game (and only took 10). Yet, the good guys scored 92… without an injured Dyson. That was an offensively gifted squad, despite having a thin bench.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There are 68 selected. 36 At Large Teams - most P5 conference teams that played decent get picked. That is, quite frankly, too many. And I'd argue that there are regular season conference champs from mid majors that are more deserving.

This reminds me of Boeheim who's Syracuse team didn't get picked one year for MM. He suddenly stated that the Tournament ought to expand to 128. I hear Buzz talking about Seniors who wouldn't get to experience the great tournament and how he agonized over the data for 2 days. Man ... life is full of misses.
IMO there should be a cap on teams per league. Maybe 8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom