UConn. Georgetown. 2016 & 2017. | The Boneyard

UConn. Georgetown. 2016 & 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So now we've got Georgetown & Ohio State on the schedule for 15/16 and 16/17 (Arizona starts in 17/18).

Reaction Score
So now we've got Georgetown & Ohio State on the schedule for 15/16 and 16/17 (Arizona starts in 17/18).

Awesome start. Do we have Texas as well next year? Dom said we are in Atlantis with Cuse also.

Reaction Score
Good that we got one of the two relevant Big East schools on the schedule. Hopefully the Nova series works out so we can get them both.

Reaction Score
Twitter says the home game is in Hartford. Remember when Ollie said "teams are scared to play at Gampel"? Now we know why. XL can get pretty loud too when it's a big game. Looking forward to this one.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I love this. We are going to have some strong non-conference schedules in the coming years. Throw in some tournaments with strong competition and it won't matter what conference we're in.

Reaction Score
Awesome!

Were ready when you are Syracuse..
It's way less valuable to play a home and home with Syracuse than Georgetown though because Georgetown gives us exposure in DC. I would only want to play Cuse in a neutral MSG type set up. Can't waste a road games in places like Syracuse, NY and Providence, RI.

Reaction Score
Ahh- The team I love to hate-perfect! This is going to feel like old times.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement.

I hate fans like you with this mindset.
Yes, I'm sure people with an intelligent mindset are somewhat irritating to a person such as yourself.

Reaction Score
It's way less valuable to play a home and home with Syracuse than Georgetown though because Georgetown gives us exposure in DC. I would only want to play Cuse in a neutral MSG type set up. Can't waste a road games in places like Syracuse, NY and Providence, RI.

We're playing road games at Ohio State, Texas, and Arizona in the next few years. It isn't because we're looking for exposure in those areas, it's because we need as many difficult games as possible.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn is the type of school that needs to schedule certain opponents for exposure, whether it's for recruits or something else.. When you're a brand name like UConn, you're going to get exposure regardless.

EDIT: Obviously, playing Syracuse in Madison Square Garden would be awesome, but if you have the opportunity to schedule a home and home with them, that shouldn't be passed up because of their location.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're playing road games at Ohio State, Texas, and Arizona in the next few years. It isn't because we're looking for exposure in those areas, it's because we need as many difficult games as possible.
I believe there are an number of reasons we schedule those games beyond needing as many difficult games as possible, and exposure in different areas of the country is one of them.

I mean, Providence would probably be a difficult game. They are up and coming, and they beat us all the time even when they sucked.

It's less valuable to us than a game against Arizona because casual college basketball fans won't tune in to a UCONN/PC game like they will a UCONN/Arizona game, and people are much more familiar with our program in RI than they are in AZ.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I believe there are an number of reasons we schedule those games beyond needing as many difficult games as necessary, and exposure in different areas of the country is one of them.

Have you ever heard of cable tv? The notion UConn would schedule a game in a city, they would play at one time, to gain exposure is absurd.

UConn is scheduling the best teams that will play home and homes period.

Reaction Score
Have you ever heard of cable tv? The notion UConn would schedule a game in a city, they would play at one time, to gain exposure is absurd.

UConn is scheduling the best teams that will play home and homes period.
I have heard of cable TV. It's actually been around for many, many years.

And it's not absurd. We have scheduled road games in part to get exposure, just like we have scheduled road games in part to give our players from more distant states pseudo "home games". I guess that was a waste as well since those players family's could have just watched the games on this cable TV you speak of.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ahh- The team I love to hate-perfect! This is going to feel like old times.

I was going to do an over/under on whether you'd be ecstatic or disgusted (pteeewey).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And it's not absurd. We have scheduled road games in part to get exposure, just like we have scheduled road games in part to give our players from more distant states pseudo "home games". I guess that was a waste as well since those players family's could have just watched the games on this cable TV you speak of.

We'll generally schedule one offs to get a player a game near his hometown. These days, unless it's a tournament, home and homes are almost a requirement.

Reaction Score

There's no doubt that recruiting, exposure, etc. plays a part in scheduling. But thanks to our fate in conference realignment, it's clear that RPI/SOS is priority #1 in our scheduling philosophy. We are absolutely not in a position to ever turn down a home-and-home with Syracuse because we "don't want to waste a road game" there. Not to mention it would be a guaranteed home sellout when they came to Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom