Uconn Gear | The Boneyard

Uconn Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's the deal with the lack of UConn gear (namely football jerseys) around the state? I've been looking for one since I got back and haven't found a single one. I expected at the Meriden mall I would find a bunch of them in the sporting goods stores, but I found one store with 2 jerseys, an L and an XL. They had 1 small rack with a couple of jerseys, a couple of polo shirts, and a couple of T-Shirts

Same thing online... The Uconn online store is extremely sparse. Am I just missing something obvious?

I guess I'm stuck with my 10 year old jersey for tomorrow with the numbers almost completely worn off.

Seth...

Reaction Score
Seth -

send me a message for what size you are looking for!

Cheers, UconnBob

Reaction Score
There should be kiosks in the Rent that sell them.

As for online, it won't help you for tomorrow, but also try:

fansedge.com
shop.uconnhuskies.com
footballfanatics.com
foxsportsshop.com

Reaction Score
Huskywear is great...good service, fast shipping...and they run some really good sales from time to time...up to 50% off. No, I do not have a vested interest, just good experiences with them over the years.

Reaction Score
Really? I see them everywhere. They have UConn stuff at Bob Stores, Kholes, Target, Walmart, Dicks etc. I bought my Kemba jersey from Dicks in Danbury and UConn tailgate tent from Walmart in Manchester just recently.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bob's (the clothing one, not the furniture one) is variable. The one in Hamden will sometimes have nothing but 2 racks of shirts, then once in a while they get a bunch more shirts and hats, mostly bball related or just "UConn" and a few branded accessories. But never as much as I used to see at the Avon/Simsbury Bob's back in the '90's after Huskymania and when the bball teams started winning championships.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice that the last couple of years,the quality of Uconn merchandise has really gone down hill?Every tee shirt is paper thin and runs small.Extra-large is like a medium.Three or four years ago,I could buy nice Uconn football shortsleeve shirts,that felt like I was wearing a nice heavy duty quality shirt.The stuff today is crap.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice that the last couple of years,the quality of Uconn merchandise has really gone down hill?Every tee shirt is paper thin and runs small.Extra-large is like a medium.Three or four years ago,I could buy nice Uconn football shortsleeve shirts,that felt like I was wearing a nice heavy duty quality shirt.The stuff today is crap.
I noticed that over the past few years I have needed to go one size up in the shirts, but that the had nothing to do with the quality of the shirts (see tailgate thread).

Reaction Score

The shirts that run "small" are called modern fit. They are made for the 20 something skinny crowd( you know the kids that don't weigh over 130 lbs.). They are not a normal cut shirt. They are thinner and lightweight and mch more fitted.

They make me look like a sausage in a casing :)

Stick to Nike or 84 Blue for a "normal" fitting UCONN t shirt.

Reaction Score
The shirts that run "small" are called modern fit. They are made for the 20 something skinny crowd( you know the kids that don't weigh over 130 lbs.). They are not a normal cut shirt. They are thinner and lightweight and mch more fitted.

I hear You.I just ordered 3 nike tee shirts from Fanatics.Hope this does it for me.

Reaction Score

Not only do they run small - they run short.

uconn5.jpg

Reaction Score
I was out tonight....Dicks Sporting goods told me they haven't gotten any NCAA apparel in yet and won't till sometime in October....I had the same issue last year. Bob's didn't get any UCONN stuff in till the fall sometime, I can't quite remember when tho but it was cooler out, so i'd say sometime in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom