UConn games: vax or negative test | The Boneyard

UConn games: vax or negative test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope the ushers enforce the wearing of masks better than they did at the games I attended.
@Jletoile, I think we can be confident that the ushers will not be running around telling people to put the mask back on or pull the darn thing up over your nose. Tune into any sporting event - the teams all mask and some of the crowd too. To a person the masks are of iffy quality to start with and worn so incorrectly as to be essentially useless. The coaches and players on the bench are required to mask (I would think), and I'm sure they want to do their part to keep co-vid at bay and set a good example; it's just that they do the masking thing so badly it is laughable. Nah, the ushers won't be mask police.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope the ushers enforce the wearing of masks better than they did at the games I attended.

@Jletoile, I think we can be confident that the ushers will not be running around telling people to put the mask back on or pull the darn thing up over your nose. Tune into any sporting event - the teams all mask and some of the crowd too. To a person the masks are of iffy quality to start with and worn so incorrectly as to be essentially useless. The coaches and players on the bench are required to mask (I would think), and I'm sure they want to do their part to keep co-vid at bay and set a good example; it's just that they do the masking thing so badly it is laughable. Nah, the ushers won't be mask police.

Guess it varies by venue. I was at a Duke/Iowa game and I had taken down my mask to take a sip from my water bottle, and I forgot to put it back up.. Next thing I knew.. a usher behind me got my attention and told me to pull my mask back up. A few other times in both that game, and the SC game... i saw ushers have to tell/remind people to pull their masks back on.

Duke might be a bit stricter than other places... I was surprised that you can't use cash anymore inside of Cameron if you want to buy concessions. They will let you use cash if you want to walk up an buy tickets at the Ticket Plaza across from Cameron. At Duke they give you the option to upload your vaccination info to a website before the game, and if you don't have a card or a recent test.. you can pay $45 and have them take a rapid test at the onsite testing spot. Outside of the parking garage they have a tent where you go to show your proof. They will put a wristband on you, or watch you put the wristband on yourself. You WILL NOT be able to walk away with the wristband in hand, due to the fact that of the possibility of you giving the band to an unvaccinated person.

I know the policies might seem a bit harsh, and I wish all schools could do the same, but I realize alot of schools may not have the money or manpower to do this for every single game.

Reaction Score
Well, I was asked to put my mask over my nose by an usher at the last Gampbel game. I had pulled it down a bit because my glasses were fogging up. While they can't monitor everyone, if they see you, they tell you.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Guess it varies by venue. I was at a Duke/Iowa game and I had taken down my mask to take a sip from my water bottle, and I forgot to put it back up.. Next thing I knew.. a usher behind me got my attention and told me to pull my mask back up. A few other times in both that game, and the SC game... i saw ushers have to tell/remind people to pull their masks back on.

Duke might be a bit stricter than other places... I was surprised that you can't use cash anymore inside of Cameron if you want to buy concessions. They will let you use cash if you want to walk up an buy tickets at the Ticket Plaza across from Cameron. At Duke they give you the option to upload your vaccination info to a website before the game, and if you don't have a card or a recent test.. you can pay $45 and have them take a rapid test at the onsite testing spot. Outside of the parking garage they have a tent where you go to show your proof. They will put a wristband on you, or watch you put the wristband on yourself. You WILL NOT be able to walk away with the wristband in hand, due to the fact that of the possibility of you giving the band to an unvaccinated person.

I know the policies might seem a bit harsh, and I wish all schools could do the same, but I realize alot of schools may not have the money or manpower to do this for every single game.
I'm sure it does vary. At Arizona, they will remind folks 20 times (as the "fans") that they should be wearing a mask - but individually - no mask police. Increasingly, it appears some ticket holders (myself included) are simply staying away - and the AD actually suggested that as an option if you were uncomfortable (to be clear, not in a "negative" way).

But - they have gone to electronic ticketing and no-cash, which is what prompted me to respond. I'm not 100% crazy about the electronic stuff - you have to pull it up in your car for the parking, which is awkward and slow. Easy when you are entering, but again, a pain when you have to pull it up again to go to your seat. The no-cash for concession is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom