UCONN GAME TV BLACKOUT | The Boneyard

UCONN GAME TV BLACKOUT

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Anyone outside of the SNY region, ie Florida, or other parts of the country that has Frontiere FIOS, have a blackout of the women's basketball game tonight.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Anyone outside of the SNY region, ie Florida, or other parts of the country that has Frontiere FIOS, have a blackout of the women's basketball game tonight.
It is on ESPN3. Perhaps you can watch it there?

Reaction Score
It shows as blacked out on my set but it probably isn't. It's happened before and turned out o.k. I have Frontier in Port Richey.
I can also get it on ESPN with a ROKU TV but will miss the pre-game at 5:30.

Reaction Score
There is no pre-game tonight. They don’t start until January

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Here in Florida. I'll use Apple TV and go to Watch ESPN.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

Yes. I have fios, and I am not in the Ny or Ct area. I have the ESPN app., so I will be watching the game via the app.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
It shows as blacked out on my set but it probably isn't. It's happened before and turned out o.k. I have Frontier in Port Richey.
I talked to Frontiere, they blacked it out, while they are trying to agree on a new contract with SNY. I am going to cancel my Frontiere, and watch games on internet.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
We have no way to access SNY here, so we take what we can get.

Reaction Score
DTV 639 (SNY) shows a "UConn Womens Preview" in the half hour before the game.
Yeah that's the season preview. Basically a pre-taped thing about the upcoming season. They do that every year for the first game. I've noticed that SNY has slowly dialed back coverage of UConn WCBB.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We have no way to access SNY here, so we take what we can get.

I got two words for you........sports bar. :cool: Where there’s a will, there’s always a way. You don’t want to miss any games.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I got two words for you...sports bar. :cool: Where there’s a will, there’s always a way. You don’t want to miss any games.
I promise you that there is no sports bar in the entire state of Alabama that will have UConn women's basketball on any screen at any time. Most people here are not fans of basketball in general, and women's basketball in particular. Just not a market for it here. And I do not think that SNY is available here if one wanted to get it. Most things New Yorky are not well liked here. :(

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Even though it is showing blacked out for me, I just turned to SNY just to see if in fact it is blacked out, and the pregame show is on. Try your SNY station. If not, watch it on the ESPN app.

Reaction Score
It's on espn 3, online, standing by comcast xfinity, sw florida.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I promise you that there is no sports bar in the entire state of Alabama that will have UConn women's basketball on any screen at any time. Most people here are not fans of basketball in general, and women's basketball in particular. Just not a market for it here. And I do not think that SNY is available here if one wanted to get it. Most things New Yorky are not well liked here. :(

Sorry, I stand corrected. I didn’t realize things are that “serious “ there. You can still see replays of the games on “huskiegames.com.”
Watching replays is better than not seeing them at all.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you need to move to Connecticut

Reaction Score
What will the high temperature be there today? That would be the most important thing to my wife! ;)
Here is the Storrs weather forecast for this week according to Google:

Today: Partly sunny, high 37, low 31
Monday: Chance of showers, high 43, low 31
Tuesday: Rain and snow, high 36, low 20
Wednesday: Partly sunny, high 35, low 9
Thursday: Sunny, high 23, low 8
Friday: Sunny, high 30, low 18

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Sorry, I stand corrected. I didn’t realize things are that “serious “ there. You can still see replays of the games on “huskiegames.com.”
Watching replays is better than not seeing them at all.
I can watch the games on ESPN 3. And things really are not that "serious" here. In fact I find things to be rather silly here in many cases. Without access to SNY, the pre game stuff is not available, but that is not 'serious' either. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom