UConn freshman Paige Bueckers, with high school hype pushed aside, set to build a new resume with the Huskies | The Boneyard

UConn freshman Paige Bueckers, with high school hype pushed aside, set to build a new resume with the Huskies

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nothing new here. Mike Anthony's take on the Bueckers phenomena.

Paige Bueckers brought a basketball reputation celebrated like few others to UConn from her home in suburban Minneapolis. She has 559,000 Instagram followers, a TMZ or People Magazine-type appeal and a frivolous personality that screams reality TV potential.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok. But did not like the word choice 'frivolous'.
Very impressed that she can put her HS accolades in a corner and focus on the next stage.

Reaction Score
Coach Geno's sarcastic takedown of Paige's celebrity, while making it abundantly clear, though with humor, that she's one athlete on his team this year, was classic. He's made clear with his unique style that he's had lots of athletes on his teams over the decades, and it's time to buckle down. Absolutely hilarious! "Have her people call my people."

He is brilliant, he's witty, and he makes his points with great clarity.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Right now, Geno is having some fun with Paige’s celebrity, while gently needling her as only Geno can. But I can assure you, there will be a time, after Paige has a disappointing game, when Geno will push her hard to fulfill her potential, as he’s done with every great player that came to Storrs. I expect that Paige will respond like DT, Maya, Stewie and others, by becoming more focused and working even harder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom