UConn forward Adama Sanogo is a future pro, trainer says | The Boneyard

UConn forward Adama Sanogo is a future pro, trainer says

Reaction Score
“He has a pretty good chance to be a pro at the NBA level,” Zenon, who trained Sanogo, Jonathan Kuminga and their teammates last season, said by phone. “He just needs to learn the game more. He’ll get in tremendous shape at UConn, that’s not a question. Just learning the game and expanding his range with his jump shot to have a consistent 15- to 18-footer because he’s going to be a Tristan Thompson-type where his main job is going to be to grab rebounds and be that rim-runner.

“But if they get into the halfcourt set, he can be a sneaky option whether it’s pick-and-roll or pick-and-pop. But if he gets a consistent 15-footer, yeah, he can definitely make the league.”

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I like Caleb Swanigan as a comp for him.
A quality college player but am after-thought as a pro. I hope better. I'm a blazers fan and Biggie just announced he wasnt going to Orlando; no one is complaining in Portland.

Reaction Score
Love it....although NBA players aren't allowed to shoot 15-18 footers on most teams. That's fine though. The 3 is just a few more feet back.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
A quality college player but am after-thought as a pro. I hope better. I'm a blazers fan and Biggie just announced he wasnt going to Orlando; no one is complaining in Portland.
I don't think you can hope for more than a consensus 1st team All American and Big Ten POY. I'd say he was more than a quality college player.

Reaction Score
I like Caleb Swanigan as a comp for him.
swanigan shot over 44% from 3 as a sophomore whereas theyre talking about a consistent mid range jumper for sanogo

i absolutely love this guy but right now he reminds me of a smaller kofi, who's not even in most second round draft projections

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looking forward to AS just being AS.. A year or two of physical development/strengthening and skills development through practice and games.. He'll be fine.. Sounds pretty mature/motivated/grounded.. Looks like an old-fashioned BE PF/C.. Works for me..

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don't think you can hope for more than a consensus 1st team All American and Big Ten POY. I'd say he was more than a quality college player.
I was referring more to the pro side of the equation.

Reaction Score
He'll be a great test for the new strength coach. Plenty strong and weighs enough, good frame for 6'9. Just needs to trim down and get more explosive

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom