UConn Football will go 6-6 - Article | The Boneyard

UConn Football will go 6-6 - Article

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The AAC east had a ROUGH weekend. And we miss Houston and Navy this year. Hey!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
New form of click bait story?

Reaction Score
Very optimistic. Did HCRE slide some cash to him to write this? Lol. J/K

Pindell did look impressive...get rid of the turnovers, get the Pindell to stay in the pocket a little longer, and then stop the opposing offense even 40% of the time and 6-6 is very doable.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Totally doable. Makes perfect sense.

022.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"This is also why I’m not quite as concerned about the defense as others are; the Knights have a great offense led by one of the best quarterbacks in the nation, and the Huskies defense honestly showed a little improvement from last year, when they got regularly burned downfield by the likes of Virginia and East Carolina."

UCF scored a TD on every single drive (that didn't end the half/game) except 1 punt.

Reaction Score
"This is also why I’m not quite as concerned about the defense as others are; the Knights have a great offense led by one of the best quarterbacks in the nation, and the Huskies defense honestly showed a little improvement from last year, when they got regularly burned downfield by the likes of Virginia and East Carolina."

UCF scored a TD on every single drive (that didn't end the half/game) except 1 punt.
They got demoralized early in the second half. 1st half they were physically competitive but got burned on big plays. Had a different feeling after watching on replay last night than last year. Mainly because I think this Dline can get a decent push up front. LB is a different story. True freshman Jones showed the most physicality there. Terry looks lost most plays still. Just seems caught in between.

Reaction Score
Terry looks lost most plays still. Just seems caught in between.
Working hard on his angle of attack. Should look better this week. He’ll be a key player for us this year.

Reaction Score
Working hard on his angle of attack. Should look better this week. He’ll be a key player for us this year.
Worries me that he is a key player. Seemed to struggle last year due to indecision and confusion at safety and 1st game this year, same thing at a new position. Sometimes guys have the physical tools and it doesn't translate into games. Felt this way about Graham Stewart. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Reaction Score

The results were similar to last year but there were more things to like. We're still probably going to finish as a bottom 10 defense though.

Reaction Score
It is the Linebacker play.

I liked what I saw of MOST of our coverage and, then, Milton was extraordinarily accurate. But I did not see any semblance of tackling at the second tier by anyone in the LB group. Swenson - YUP. but not Beavers, Jones, Sterling, Thomas (save for one saving tackle).

Reaction Score
Let's play a game against an FBS team where we get a minimum of 3 defensive stops and then we can talk about how many games we can win this season. While I love optimism, I need to see that we can stop somebody -- anybody -- before I start counting even possible wins.

Reaction Score
Let's play a game against an FBS team where we get a minimum of 3 defensive stops and then we can talk about how many games we can win this season. While I love optimism, I need to see that we can stop somebody -- anybody -- before I start counting even possible wins.

google Boise or watch their YouTube highlights against Troy

We are in the realm of "virtual"/"imaginary" hopeful improvement. Both of our two opponents in these first weeks are great modern offenses - with plenty of experience in the lines and at skill positions.

Any targeted focus on an individual UConn defensive player is on a sliding scale versus 2017.

Do I think we might be better prepared for Syracuse on the 22nd? I am hopeful.

Reaction Score
google Boise or watch their YouTube highlights against Troy

We are in the realm of "virtual"/"imaginary" hopeful improvement. Both of our two opponents in these first weeks are great modern offenses - with plenty of experience in the lines and at skill positions.

Any targeted focus on an individual UConn defensive player is on a sliding scale versus 2017.

Do I think we might be better prepared for Syracuse on the 22nd? I am hopeful.

Pudge: I'm not pulling the plug on the season because we got blown out by a team much better than us. And I won't be doing so if we get blown out again in Boise. However, just because I'm not overreacting to being totally uncompetitive doesn't mean I'm willing to start picking positives out of something that went horrifically either. There were no defensive positives that came out of Thursday night, coming off a season where we couldn't stop anyone and graduated most of our defensive starters. Absent a shocking result against Boise or URI, talk to me after Syracuse about any improvements.

Reaction Score
Pudge: I'm not pulling the plug on the season because we got blown out by a team much better than us. And I won't be doing so if we get blown out again in Boise. However, just because I'm not overreacting to being totally uncompetitive doesn't mean I'm willing to start picking positives out of something that went horrifically either. There were no defensive positives that came out of Thursday night, coming off a season where we couldn't stop anyone and graduated most of our defensive starters. Absent a shocking result against Boise or URI, talk to me after Syracuse about any improvements.

Right.

I mean we stopped them once, and that was a complete gift, I don't think anyone thought we could stop them if they went for it on 4th and 1.

And we just weren't even getting close to getting stops. Usually you can point to a few plays that would have made a big difference. A blown coverage on 3rd and 15, blown opportunities for sacks, dropped interceptions. There was almost nothing. UCF did whatever they wanted.

I'm sure as the position coaches break down the film they can find individual positives from some guys. As a unit though, it was as bad as it gets

Reaction Score
Right.

I mean we stopped them once, and that was a complete gift, I don't think anyone thought we could stop them if they went for it on 4th and 1.

And we just weren't even getting close to getting stops. Usually you can point to a few plays that would have made a big difference. A blown coverage on 3rd and 15, blown opportunities for sacks, dropped interceptions. There was almost nothing. UCF did whatever they wanted.

I'm sure as the position coaches break down the film they can find individual positives from some guys. As a unit though, it was as bad as it gets

The last chance we had to stop them was when their bus got to the field safely. Anyway, on to week #2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I understand the tone of the article. The offense moved the ball against a team that went undefeated last year, and which is almost certainly better than their ranking suggests again this year.

The defense was unable to stop one of the best offenses and QBs in FBS, but much of that came on big plays. If they can tighten that up, and the very young roster gains some experience, they should be better against every other opponent we face. None of them have UCF's level of firepower or speed in running plays.

While we aren't going to beat Boise, I think we can narrow the margin. After that, we should be much more competitive in our remaining games. While people say we can't stop Syracuse, I don't think their lousy D can stop us either.

Reaction Score
It is the Linebacker play.

I liked what I saw of MOST of our coverage and, then, Milton was extraordinarily accurate. But I did not see any semblance of tackling at the second tier by anyone in the LB group. Swenson - YUP. but not Beavers, Jones, Sterling, Thomas (save for one saving tackle).
Kevon Jones had 7 solo tackles, not bad for a kid whose last game was in fron of 150 people at EHHS

Reaction Score
Couple of salient points...Auburn and Memphis went through UCF like Swiss cheese. UCF just had more firepower and scored seemingly at will also. UCF can tear apart anybody. So, perhaps our isn’t quite as bad as it appears, nor is our offense quite as prolific as we think... time will tell.

Reaction Score

Do we count as somebody--anybody?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
After one game, it feels like the offense is completely dependent on Pindell. If he is ineffective or injured, this team is in big trouble. Lets hope Washington has similar talent.

Reaction Score
After one game, it feels like the offense is completely dependent on Pindell. If he is ineffective or injured, this team is in big trouble. Lets hope Washington has similar talent.
Shaky -- that is one big reason that Washington should get some playing time soon. That is true even if Pindell is named an All American.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom