UConn Football Weekly Media Day - today at 1:45 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Weekly Media Day - today at 1:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-media-day-0827-20150826-story.html

According to Uconn football twitter, they'll be periscope'ing it again (for those not in the know, periscope is an instant streaming app to post streams from your phone to the net anywhere in the world), similar to the presser prior to camp.

https://twitter.com/uconnfootball for the link - they posted it last time.

Watch live:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aK3zZzQ4...HQo-TWaOxGWtpU_N6YG3W6x-61x13WD8hBOvS9TV53DMs

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 41m41 minutes ago
Coach Diaco: #Huskies finished 23rd practice Diaco says tomorrow camp is officially broken a week out "Been a wonderful camp, challenging"

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 39m39 minutes ago
Diaco: "All in all guys are healthy.." #UConnFootball

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 39m39 minutes ago
Diaco confirms Sunday is the day to talk about players and where they're lining but "battles were healthy" #UConn

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 38m38 minutes ago
Diaco: "we came a long way in eliminating distractions and focusing on what needed to do to do your job" #UConn

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 36m36 minutes ago
Diaco: "It's all being built to last, it's all being done the right way." #UConnFootball.. captains are: S Adams, Knappe, Vann, Campenni

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 35m35 minutes ago
Safety Andrew Adams, tackle Andreas Knappe, LB Marquise Vann and DT Julian Campenni #UConnFootball 2015 captains

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 30m30 minutes ago
Adams, experience, Knappe, does it all the right way, Vann, strong, faithful, good moral compass, Campenni, well-liked, produces - Diaco

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 26m26 minutes ago
Diaco on freshman: "they're participating in the skill positions, fairly certain that will be hallmark this year" #UConnFootball

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 26m26 minutes ago
Diaco says OL Peart, a frosh not ready to go into a game yet but going to trying to work him in #UConnFoootball, doesn't anticipate any on D

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 24m24 minutes ago
True frosh to play for sure: WRs: Tyraiq Beals, Hergy Mayala, Aaron McLean and possibly Frank Battle #UConnFootball

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 22m22 minutes ago
Diaco "why not start the season with a schedule like the one we have." #UConnFootball

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 18m18 minutes ago
Thomas Lucas looks like he'll be a starter next to Noel Thomas at receiver, Diaco said, said Bradley had lackluster beginning #UConn

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 16m16 minutes ago
Diaco : "young wide receivers are on fire" so Bradley in a position where he has to produce now #UConnFootball

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 12m12 minutes ago
Diaco on offensive line since we last saw them "coming together" #UConnFootball

Reaction Score
UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 23m23 minutes ago
Diaco is not going to name the team's starting QB until Sunday.

UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 19m19 minutes ago
Diaco: "The biggest things that produce points are explosive plays. We need to prevent explosive plays."

UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 19m19 minutes ago
Diaco: "Noel (Thomas) has had a great camp. He's getting ready for a break-out year."

UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 15m15 minutes ago
Diaco: "I see the workhorses, as it relates to carrying the ball, being Arkeel (Newsome) and Ron (Johnson)." #work2win

Reaction Score
Hate when sick people get in the way of a good media day;) Few other tweets of interest.

NHRJimFuller2:07pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said he expects TEs Chris Lee and Zordan Holman to be on travel squad as true freshmen

JoeDSports2:10pm via Twitter for iPhone
HCBD says run defense has to be a key element of this team @UConnFootball

JoeDSports2:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
HCBD will name starting QB Sunday. Says Garrett Anderson still pushing Bryant Shirreffs @UConnFootball

NHRJimFuller2:16pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said that Newsome and Johnson will be workhorse at running back

NHRJimFuller2:17pm via TweetDeck
Max DeLorenzo and Josh Marriner will get carries as well as running back for #UConn according to Bob Diaco

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Getting very, very excited. Really looking forward to seeing what Vann can do this year. Would say he's probably the most likely of this class to get his name called during the 2016 NFL Draft.

Who do you guys think of this squad is most likely to get his name called in the 2016 Draft?

Reaction Score
Don't think Vann has the speed to be an NFL LB. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone being drafted next year. If you make me say most likely, it's Steward (not our best senior player but the closest to NFL measureables if it ever all clicks for him).

Depending on whether you redshirted, the class graduating this year either signed following the Edsall/P transition or P's first class.

Reaction Score
Don't think Vann has the speed to be an NFL LB. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone being drafted next year. If you make me say most likely, it's Steward (not our best senior player but the closest to NFL measureables if it ever all clicks for him).

Depending on whether you redshirted, the class graduating this year either signed following the Edsall/P transition or P's first class.

I agree that Vann needs a step, but you can coach a guy up speed-wise. I think that he has the skillset and smarts to play at the next level and that is something that is much harder to get at this point in his career.

Per @huskymedic I think Campenni has a shot too. He's a beast.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree that Vann needs a step, but you can coach a guy up speed-wise. I think that he has the skillset and smarts to play at the next level and that is something that is much harder to get at this point in his career.

Per @huskymedic I think Campenni has a shot too. He's a beast.

If it counts for anything, I can personally attest to the fact that Marquise Vann has a great head on his shoulders. Very, very good guy.

Reaction Score
If it counts for anything, I can personally attest to the fact that Marquise Vann has a great head on his shoulders. Very, very good guy.

That's great to hear. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Reaction Score
In appears the staff is trying to redshirt all freshman except receivers. I like that strategy.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how to feel about that. On the one hand, it's nice to have two seemingly competent quarterbacks, but also kind of worrisome that Bryant couldn't lock it up early.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's all about motivation... keep the fight up till the end!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how to feel about that. On the one hand, it's nice to have two seemingly competent quarterbacks, but also kind of worrisome that Bryant couldn't lock it up early.

Sad to say this about playing a FCS team...but this might be a bit of gamesmanship also. It's tougher for Nova to prepare for both dropback and duel threat QB. I think Diaco knows this game is huge and he is treating this game like a conference game....and that includes not tipping his hand until he has to.

Reaction Score
I know him as well. Such a good dude.

Reaction Score
I think the quarterback comment confirm a full commitment to a big mobile quarterback and away from the pro style of the Pasqualoni years. But I'll be shocked if Shirreffs isn't under center next week. Worst mistake a coach can make is to fail to make a commitment to a quarterback. If you think 2 are equal then just pick one. Doesn't matter which and be committed.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Going to take a guess that Bradley leaves after depth charts come out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads