UConn Football To Hold 2018 Walk-On Tryouts | The Boneyard

UConn Football To Hold 2018 Walk-On Tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

>>The UConn Football program is looking for walk-on candidates and will hold an informational meeting on Monday, August 27th at 5:30 p.m. in the Burton Family Football Complex.<<

>>For those with approved academic, compliance, and medical paperwork, the tryout will be on Wednesday August 29th in the morning.

The tryout consists of height/weight measurement, vertical jump, bench press max reps (185 lbs. / 225 lbs. as you prefer), and timing in the 40. Position specific drills may be tested upon the coaches' request.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hello any Tight Ends and RBs that might be sitting around campus.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When are the Boneyard Open Tryouts?

1. Pop top bottle opening without a bottle opener
2. Grill starting without a lighter or auto lighting source
3. Setting up four post canopy by yourself
4. The "I really have to go" porta potty tap dance while waiting for one to open up
5. I spilled mustard down the middle of my jersey five minutes before packing up
6. Fans in front of me won't sit down
7. No one in my section but me stands
8. 2nd play of the game and my kid is bored
9. 6-pack of beer sneak through security
10. Burger flipping without utensils

What else?

Reaction Score
Hello any Tight Ends and RBs that might be sitting around campus.
We have a few TEs I’d like to see get on field before pulling guys from intramurals. I think JRose is a keeper.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
BCA3B0CE-CD5B-40CE-977C-8B3CF48103DD.jpeg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We have a few TEs I’d like to see get on field before pulling guys from intramurals. I think JRose is a keeper.
Dude, we have just four TE and next year maybe just two. We need a Donevin O’Reilly like story to walk on and spend the fall training with the team so that this spring we can conduct practice and next fall we have bodies. The WO at TE is about spring ball and next fall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dude, we have just four TE and next year maybe just two. We need a Donevin O’Reilly to walk on and spend the fall training with the team so that this spring we can conduct practice and next fall we have bodies. The WO at TE is about spring ball and next fall.

They could move Donovan Williams to TE, he has the size/frame.

Reaction Score
They could move Donovan Williams to TE, he has the size/frame.
Donovan Williams wouldn't need to just bulk up, but his skeleton isn't strong enough to absorb the damage.

Reaction Score
When are the Boneyard Open Tryouts?

1. Pop top bottle opening without a bottle opener
2. Grill starting without a lighter or auto lighting source
3. Setting up four post canopy by yourself
4. The "I really have to go" porta potty tap dance while waiting for one to open up
5. I spilled mustard down the middle of my jersey five minutes before packing up
6. Fans in front of me won't sit down
7. No one in my section but me stands
8. 2nd play of the game and my kid is bored
9. 6-pack of beer sneak through security
10. Burger flipping without utensils

What else?
I am a fan of "how many nips can I fit in my boots to get past security without my foot cramping up" My record is six.

Reaction Score
I can't think of many ideas less appealing than this. If there were ever such a thing as community service, here you have it. These will be the sorest, hardest working, and least glorified kids on the planet. Much respect to whoever signs up - seriously.

Reaction Score
Not having enough tight ends is the single best review of Diaco

He signed like 15 tight ends in 3 years but somehow there aren’t any.

Exactly right. Same with DE.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tyler Davis is/was the same way and he's done fine.
This is all nice - but we can have both a new walk on TE and your position swap player ideas, they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
This is all nice - but we can have both a new walk on TE and your position swap player ideas, they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Sure we can, but you were the one who had a problem with it..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sure we can, but you were the one who had a problem with it..
You are the one that said we don't need a walk on TE. You didn't understand the situation and for that you are forgiven.

8 Aaron McLean 6-5 221 TE Sr. Southborough, Mass. St. Mark's <--Not a true TE at 221lbs, will not be expected to stay in for many running plays, is a senior. Won't be playing spring ball.
9 Tyler Davis 6-4 243 TE R-Jr. North Bellmore, N.Y. Mepham <--Also not a true TE as his blocking ability is limited. Academically he is a senior, will he stick around for spring ball and a fifth season, unknown.
90 Zordan Holman 6-5 251 TE R-Jr. Portland, Maine Cheverus <--Academically he is a senior. Played in 21 games in his career with zero catches. Will he stick around for spring ball and a fifth season? unknown.
91 Jay Rose 6-3 242 TE So. Southington, Conn. Southington <--In a great position to be the only real TE on this team this spring. I hope Rose is ready for 100% of the workload.

Conversion projects? If Edsall moves AJ Garson and Donovon Williams they will be just one dimensional WRs playing from the TE position. Neither will be capable of blocking. One dimensional TEs tend to telegraph weather you are passing or running, not good. Williams will be a senior in 2019, Garson does have potentially three years of football left as a RS So including 2018.

The TE situation screams WO opportunity and JUCO recruit for 2019.

Reaction Score
Dude, we have just four TE and next year maybe just two. We need a Donevin O’Reilly like story to walk on and spend the fall training with the team so that this spring we can conduct practice and next fall we have bodies. The WO at TE is about spring ball and next fall.
If they’re just being used as blockers, any OL can be one.

Reaction Score
You didn't understand the situation and for that you are forgiven.

You act as if you're speaking with a casual. I can assure you I know the situation as well as you do, if not more being I don't need an excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom