UConn Football Spring Preview Show | The Boneyard

UConn Football Spring Preview Show

Reaction Score
1. Has the defensive personnel developed enough in the offseason so that there is hope they can succeed (or not suck as much) in the defense scheme?

2. How well has the OL developed over the winter?

3. Will anyone separate himself from the pack in the QB competition?

Reaction Score
1. Has the defensive personnel developed enough in the offseason so that there is hope they can succeed (or not suck as much) in the defense scheme?

2. How well has the OL developed over the winter?

3. Will anyone separate himself from the pack in the QB competition?
All good points, in good order.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Great job by Matt.

Interesting that Peart goes to RT, Van Demark to LT, De george to LG, Holmes to RG.

There sure are some positions that the new guys need to fill. I can't wait for April 14!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great job by Matt.

Interesting that Peart goes to RT, Van Dembark to LT, De george to LT, Holmes to RG.

There sure are some positions that the new guys need to fill. I can't wait for April 14!!

Van Demark to left tackle and DeGeorge at left guard I think matt said.. very interesting they moved the line around ..

Reaction Score
He referred to a "depth chart" being passed out on Friday - was one posted? I thought I heard HCRE say it would be alphabetically, but this suggested something more substantive

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good job with the show, but not sure why Matt spent zero time discussing the Sam, Will and Mike LB positions or the DL situations which are both rich with discussion points. The only position group not that interesting to follow this year is the WR corp (and I mean that in a positive way).

I also disagree about Matt's down playing of the Husky LB position. I think it is a notable change in mentality for the defensive staff and the players to make the 3rd safety really a 4th LB. It changes the player's mindset and possibly how the player matches up and lines up. Maybe it truly is a meaningless distinction for Crocker, but I think Edsall really wants the role more clearly defined as Hybrid LB rather than flowing safety. I think and I hope this year's defense looks more like a 3-4-4 on most downs.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does this Matt guy seem drunk or stoned or both? Apologies if he has a physical or mental impairment but he comes off as some guy you'd meet at a bar that had obviously been there for a few hours before you showed up. I couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes. Sorry Boneyarders but if that's the best that UConn blogging has to offer...

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does this Matt guy seem drunk or stoned or both? Apologies if he has a physical or mental impairment but he comes off as some guy you'd meet at a bar that had obviously been there for a few hours before you showed up. I couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes. Sorry Boneyarders but if that's the best that UConn blogging has to offer...

Every program needs their DUDE!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom