UConn Football Rival Coming to Town Saturday | The Boneyard

UConn Football Rival Coming to Town Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
“They are a big, strong physical team,” Rhule says. “They’ve had to play BYU (35-10 loss), who’s a top-25 team, Boise State (38-21 loss), who is a perennial power and they lost a heartbreaker in a monsoon down in Tampa on Friday night to South Florida (17-14). So they’ve lost to three really good teams and we know that it’ll be a four-quarter battle. The last five years we’ve played them, we’ve gone to overtime with them twice. So it’s a great rivalry for us.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...using-on-conference-opener-saturday-at-uconn/

I am thinking we have our hands full Saturday afternoon. #HuskyUp

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't know what to make of the fact that I actually look forward to playing Temple these days.

It's been somewhat of a Rutgers-Lite series for me with close games and some semblance of geographic proximity.

Though, I formed that idea as an OOC game... not as one of our big games in league play..

Reaction Score
It's been somewhat of a Rutgers-Lite series for me with close games and some semblance of geographic proximity.

Though, I formed that idea as an OOC game... not as one of our big games in league play..

Temple plays hard, they had to overcome a great deal to get to where they are. Getting kicked out of the Big East, stuck in the MAC, less than optimal stadium situation, and now they are pretty much in the same position football wise as us. Honestly I think it is insulting to them to compare them to Rutgirls.

Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Honestly, I don't know what to make of the fact that I actually look forward to playing Temple these days.

It's a big name opponent compared to some others we play. I'm drooling over Temple and Cincy these days.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Temple got kicked out of the OBE to make room for us. I'm sure there is some lingering resentment.

Reaction Score
Has it really come to this? Temple as UConn's rival? WOW!

Who else at this point? Temple is the closest school to UConn in the conference and Rutgers/BC aren't exactly blowing up Warde's phone to play us.

Reaction Score
UConn is not that much better, if all, than Temple. I give credit where do........first Al Golden, then Steve Addazzio, and now Matt Ruhle as coaches have quietly but surely the program around.

I give credit where do. And besides, its good for eastern football programs to shed ill perceptions.

Whoever wins, it will be a battle if UConn doesn't turn the ball over. UConn is not a sure bet to overcome any deficits, regardless of the perceived programs of its opponents.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

HAHA! "Rugers Lite"... love it. I've always thought Temple was a boring game each year for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom