UConn Football Radio Broadcast | The Boneyard

UConn Football Radio Broadcast

Reaction Score
Apologies for this use of the bandwidth, but I cannot find the information on UConn football broadcasts. Yes, I know about ESPN at 97.9 fm, but that station is pitifully weak. I went looking for the game yesterday and could find nothing. We are located half way between Hartford and Storrs. Not interested in installing another app. There is so much bloatware on our phones and laptops now ....

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Apologies for this use of the bandwidth, but I cannot find the information on UConn football broadcasts. Yes, I know about ESPN at 97.9 fm, but that station is pitifully weak. I went looking for the game yesterday and could find nothing. We are located half way between Hartford and Storrs. Not interested in installing another app. There is so much bloatware on our phones and laptops now ....
Check out the Varsity Sports app. That’s their new digital platform. It’s free. Crystal clear. Also on SirusXM if you have it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Check out the Varsity Sports app. That’s their new digital platform. It’s free. Crystal clear. Also on SirusXM if you have it.
I was able to listen to it on a plane yesterday- delta WI-FI. Pretty cool.

Reaction Score
Thx. I do have SiriusXM in the cars. What channel?

Reaction Score
Thx, everyone. What I thought. Basically no meaningful broadcast to something like a common radio. Lotta options if you want to pay extra or accept tracking cookies. No thanks. I care, but I don't care that much.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Thx, everyone. What I thought. Basically no meaningful broadcast to something like a common radio. Lotta options if you want to pay extra or accept tracking cookies. No thanks. I care, but I don't care that much.
Terrestrial radio is 97.9 ESPN Hartford (flagship) or those other options across the state in the UConn Sports Network.

Reaction Score
I really miss having UConn games on WTIC 1080 AM. Could get solid reception on your car radio or walkman back in the day. Now everything is streamed. 97.9 is so weak over the airwaves I can't get it in my car without heavy static.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
None of this matters now- the app works great and gives those not within 60 miles of WTIC a broadcast. Never been able to listen until they dropped WTIC and I have lived in state for 20 years. WTIC signal didn’t penetrate past Bport in FF County.

Reaction Score
The Waterbury station on 1500 am had the game on. Signal came through fine on my drive from Wallingford home to Fairfield.

God, the things some people complain about. I really don’t understand the internet.

Reaction Score
The Waterbury station on 1500 am had the game on. Signal came through fine on my drive from Wallingford home to Fairfield.

God, the things some people complain about. I really don’t understand the internet.
We are all happy for you. As long as you can find a station, the rest of us who can't will try not to complain and spoil your day.

Reaction Score
I really miss having UConn games on WTIC 1080 AM. Could get solid reception on your car radio or walkman back in the day. Now everything is streamed. 97.9 is so weak over the airwaves I can't get it in my car without heavy static.
This would be the perfect “Tell me you are old without telling me you are old” Tik Tok.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I believe the game was on WICC 600 too, so that tweet didn't have every station (nice job!)

WICC is a fairly strong signal itself, but if you have an HD radio, it's also broadcast on WEBE-HD2, which is a REALLY strong signal.

Reaction Score
I believe the game was on WICC 600 too, so that tweet didn't have every station (nice job!)

WICC is a fairly strong signal itself, but if you have an HD radio, it's also broadcast on WEBE-HD2, which is a REALLY strong signal.
And it does not mind ad blockers or tight safeguards. Nice. Thx.

Reaction Score
We are all happy for you. As long as you can find a station, the rest of us who can't will try not to complain and spoil your day.

They list all the stations on uconnhuskies.com, and I'm fairly certain a list was posted here. I pulled my car over on the side of the road and found a feed in less than sixty seconds. You spent more time complaining than it would have taken you to go on line and google where to get an over the air radio feed. If you think that's normal behavior, good for you.

Reaction Score
They list all the stations on uconnhuskies.com, and I'm fairly certain a list was posted here. I pulled my car over on the side of the road and found a feed in less than sixty seconds. You spent more time complaining than it would have taken you to go on line and google where to get an over the air radio feed. If you think that's normal behavior, good for you.
Are you crazy?! You think he's gonna use Google and let them track him?!

Reaction Score
Actually, I went online and searched the radio dials as well. Also used the search function here. And apologized to have to ask the question at the outset. But I guess that is not enough for you. Sorry that you are upset, but you apparently feel the need to respond to posts for which you have no consructive input. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Reaction Score

Doesn't surprise me that the list of stations carrying the Huskies is incomplete and/or just plain wrong. Last season a station in Groton was listed as carrying football and basketball games. That station did not carry any games, and only carried a few the first season that UConn games were on 97.9.

Reaction Score
Are you crazy?! You think he's gonna use Google and let them track him?!
Oh, please ... that is not the issue and you know it. I have just had it with having to install an app for every little thing. And every one of them sells your behavioral data. That is how they make their money. I am tired of the BS. You want to keep doing it go ahead.

Reaction Score
Oh, please ... that is not the issue and you know it. I have just had it with having to install an app for every little thing. And every one of them sells your behavioral data. That is how they make their money. I am tired of the BS. You want to keep doing it go ahead.
Just breaking stones :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom