UConn football opponent preview: Wyoming Cowboys (UConnBlog) | The Boneyard

UConn football opponent preview: Wyoming Cowboys (UConnBlog)

Reaction Score
From The Athletic Mountain West Preview (picked to finish 2nd in the Mountain Divison behind Boise:

-> 2. Wyoming - More than anything, Wyoming needs a healthy quarterback. Sean Chambers has been at Wyoming for four years, but he’s technically listed as a sophomore, as he’s been sidelined by a season-ending leg injury in three consecutive years, including three plays into the 2020 season. Wyoming ranked No. 14 in rushing yards per game last year (though No. 40 in yards per carry), behind two-time all-conference back Xazavian Valladay, who has led the Mountain West in rushing for two consecutive years. The defense finished No. 24 in scoring and No. 14 in yards per play allowed, and 10 starters are back. This Wyoming team is loaded with experience, and the non-conference schedule is favorable. The Cowboys also miss Nevada but must travel to San Jose and Boise State, which will determine whether or not they can win the Mountain division. <-

Reaction Score
Wyoming has a lot of experience returning because of the extra year of COVID eligibility. It remains to be seen if there will be a dividend. A lot of people think so. We shall see. With the Huskies opening on the road versus Fresno State, I think we'll get a pretty good hint of how they'll do against Wyoming at home. I think it will be a close, hard fought contest.

Reaction Score

It's a head scratcher that Hicks jumped into the Transfer Portal on the cusp of the 2021 season. Chatter on the GoWyoGo Rivals board is that he was upset that he was demoted in favor of Easton Gibbs. Youthful indiscretion, if you ask me. Charles did a good job last year, but by many accounts Gibbs is better. There wasn't a lot of gnashing of teeth over this development.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom