UConn football offensive line coach Gordon Sammis is pushing Christian Haynes and company to be the best (Arruda @ Courant) | The Boneyard

UConn football offensive line coach Gordon Sammis is pushing Christian Haynes and company to be the best (Arruda @ Courant)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> There are 19 offensive linemen on the UConn roster, and the lineup has been fairly consistent since Day One of practice. Jake Guidone, a graduate transfer from Dartmouth, has made an impression early despite being out recently with a minor knee injury. Once he returns, Mora expects to plug him in at center and move Haynes to his primary position at guard.

“(Guidone) has been a real leader for us,” Haynes said. “He’s down right now, but every day he’s getting us better, encouraging us. He’s taking notes, helping everybody out, helping the younger guys out. I really appreciate Jake.” <-

-> Mora noted that every day, from one to 19, the offensive line has continued to get better as a group. Dayne Shor, a transfer from Alabama, hyperextended a knee on the second day of practice but is close to being back and will only help ignite competition in the trenches. <-

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So Brown went from 2nd string LT and started at UMass and one other game to 3rd string. That says a lot

Reaction Score
So Brown went from 2nd string LT and started at UMass and one other game to 3rd string. That says a lot

We lost to UMass last year, they doubled us up. In that game they were much better than us.

What it could mean is that the OL newcomers are much better than what we or UMass had and/or coaching at the position and strength has improved considerably. I am very interested in seeing how this group performs 3-4 games in. Hoping for a surprise against USU.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t at UConn the spring semester from what I heard, was dealing with an undisclosed injury.

Reaction Score

This pretty much confirms that both guards, LT, and center are locked up. RT is gonna be a 3 way competition till up to the week before Utah St. Walker experiment with the 1s is possibly done since Fortin is at Center. Lundt running with the 1s is impressive because he is coming off an injury, did not participate fully during spring ball, that speaks on his athleticism and how far he has worked to get back on the field.

Reaction Score
We lost to UMass last year, they doubled us up. In that game they were much better than us.

What it could mean is that the OL newcomers are much better than what we or UMass had and/or coaching at the position and strength has improved considerably. I am very interested in seeing how this group performs 3-4 games in. Hoping for a surprise against USU.
UMass played with much more effort and wanted it more. They played like UCONN did against Wyoming. I believe UCONN bought into the hype that they were a better team and to me it appeared they had partied too hard the night before. Started somewhat strong and just faded

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lets see where things are for the Utah State game and then again 4 games into the season. The way I see it, all the new guys have to earn their way to a starting OL slot. I wouldnt want any of the existing players on this roster to think they never had the chance to hold their job. The new dudes have to work their way up and that just may happen or it might not, we shall see. Conduct a methodical process in order to earn buy in and acceptance by the unit.

Reaction Score
UMass played with much more effort and wanted it more. They played like UCONN did against Wyoming. I believe UCONN bought into the hype that they were a better team and to me it appeared they had partied too hard the night before. Started somewhat strong and just faded

This game was the poster child for terrible defensive game planning. They completely wasted Travis in this one. They would line him up. UMass would locate him and block him with two or three guys. And instead of him disrupting their offense, they ran it down our throats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom