UConn Football, New Coach Bob Diaco, Eager to Improve (CT Magazine) | The Boneyard

UConn Football, New Coach Bob Diaco, Eager to Improve (CT Magazine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Damn! Homepage only shows "UConn Football, New Coach"!

I almost sh t myself clicking the link.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Boom...

“Everything is in place to be an elite program,” Cersosimo says. “I really believe that. When the athletic department has its mind set on something, it’s going to get done and that’s going to result in a national level program. Basketball, soccer, field hockey, they want to take hockey to the next level. They don’t do things just to do them, to be part of the group. They do it to be the very best.”

Reaction Score
I don't know. Tessitore pissed me off in this article. He may be right in some areas, and I may be oversensitive, but man, I expect more from a guy with CT roots.

"[UCONN in the BCS] was one of the straws that broke the camel’s back of the BCS system.”
“Success for UConn is competing for a conference championship.”
"He adds that the American is the proper fit for the Huskies..."

Yeah, he pisses me off.

Reaction Score
He's basically been a schmuck ever since he left the local scene for ESPN. He went from covering UConn sports on a regular basis to toting the company line.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Tessitore pissed me off in this article. He may be right in some areas, and I may be oversensitive, but man, I expect more from a guy with CT roots.

"[UCONN in the BCS] was one of the straws that broke the camel’s back of the BCS system.”
"He adds that the American is the proper fit for the Huskies..."

Yeah, he pisses me off.
According to Wikipedia he is as local as some of the other members of the turd, I mean herd. Sure he had time in at WFSB before ESPN but his roots are NY and Mass. He is a better boxing announcer than anything else. It looks like he is grinding the same axe as the others.
Tessitore graduated from the Carroll School of Management at Boston College with a degree in Marketing. For his college preparatory studies, Tessitore graduated from Christian Brothers Academy in Albany, NY.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not to defend Tess, but the context of that sentence was that UConn probably won't be competing for a top four finish to get a spot in the 4 team playoff, so yes, success for UConn will be competing for - and winning - the AAC and getting that one bid to the contract bowls. If UConn can get there in 2-3 years, and keep getting there after that, it will mean Diaco has done what he had to do.

Reaction Score
. A sixth spot will go to the highest-ranked champion from the other five conferences: American Athletic (UConn’s conference), Mountain West, Mid-American, Sun Belt and Conference USA.

The powerless 5 conferences. Not where we belong.

Reaction Score
We have to stop whining and beat some teams and get fans in seats. We are where we belong until we prove otherwise, both on the field and at the gate.

Reaction Score
We have to stop whining and beat some teams and get fans in seats. We are where we belong until we prove otherwise, both on the field and at the gate.

We proved otherwise in 2009 and 2010. The program is capable of playing at a high level. ESPN is the snake in the wood pile and is the primary cause of Conf realignment in order to consolidate and control markets. They took apart the conference that built them, and never cared who or what is impacted. UConn is a necessary casualty and the push the pretext we are not a quality program in order to justify their misdoings. UConn is every bit as good as Syracuse, Pitt and Rutgers for any P5 conference. To out it bluntly, Tess and the rest of the turd are full of cr@p and part of the legacy inferiority complex that plaques these small minded folks.

Reaction Score
I swear to God I must be losing my mind. The brain just doesn't function very well anymore. I wish I could blame it on alcohol, but I can't.

I knew he played for Iowa and I know DJ coaches at Iowa. Figured I'd place this post in here. For those who have no idea what this post is about.....good. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom