UConn Football: Much Work To Do As Players Report Thursday (Des) | The Boneyard

UConn Football: Much Work To Do As Players Report Thursday (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever written a "players report" story that didn't involve mentioning that there was "A lot of work to do?"

"As players report Thursday there is an overwhelming sense that everything's fine and that they are basically ready for opening night."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"...A healthier Tim Boyle, like Shirreffs, is a dual threat..." - Desmond Conner

When did this change? It may have been tough to tell based on the porous line he played behind last year, but I thought Boyle was a pocket passer.

Reaction Score
"...A healthier Tim Boyle, like Shirreffs, is a dual threat..." - Desmond Conner

When did this change? It may have been tough to tell based on the porous line he played behind last year, but I thought Boyle was a pocket passer.

Dez is reaching. Boyle is a straight pocket passer. Maybe he's a dual threat to take a sack or throw a pick?

Reaction Score
I would imagine he meant that a healthier TB could escape more rushes than the statute he became last year. Then again, I find many of his writings/comments to be less than complete.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Can someone please copy and paste the article into this thread? I stopped paying for that rag years ago, and am pretty pissed they are starting to charge for the online content.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
mikedog10 said:
Can someone please copy and paste the article into this thread? I stopped paying for that rag years ago, and am pretty pissed they are starting to charge for the online content.

Google the title.

Reaction Score

25 - I know where you're coming from but in the very 1st game Tim B started (was that UCF? Can't remember). Anyhow, in his 1st game Tim B showed good wheels. Since then zilch. Perhaps that dreaded lower leg injury happened in that 1st game and now Tim B is finally healthy. Pure speculation on my part but IIRC he was a dual threat in that one game.

More to the point is the 1-11 decision making. We all hope Tim B is an all American but my bet is he will be on the bench.

Reaction Score

It was free... I do not pay for access.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
25 - I know where you're coming from but in the very 1st game Tim B started (was that UCF? Can't remember). Anyhow, in his 1st game Tim B showed good wheels. Since then zilch. Perhaps that dreaded lower leg injury happened in that 1st game and now Tim B is finally healthy. Pure speculation on my part but IIRC he was a dual threat in that one game.

More to the point is the 1-11 decision making. We all hope Tim B is an all American but my bet is he will be on the bench.
IIRC, Boyle de-committed from Chestnut Hill because Addazio was looking for a dual threat recruit, and and he more or less told Boyle he didn't fit the mold. There is a difference between stepping up to avoid a rush (Tom Brady and Peyton Manning) and a scrambling QB on a bootleg.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was free... I do not pay for access.
I was unaware that you can access all the Courant's content just by searching on Google and being directed to the site that way. If you navigate there from courant.com, you have to be a subscriber to read.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
image.jpg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Somewhat off topic....but considering the fact that Dez has a history of taking things personal, it should be interesting how he handles articles about BD after BD publicly called him out for asking a stupid question.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember Dez first question he asked HCBD at the press conference when HCBD was introduced?

DC..."Do you expect to turn the program around right away?"
HCBD..."Yes". Diaco put this hand up in the air looking at DC like, what am I supposed to say.

Connor has some riveting journalism skills. He's such a joke.

Reaction Score
That wasn't such an outrageous question, really. It was an opportunity for Diaco to lay out at least in brief his plan. To explain what needed to be done in his estimation. New coaches get that question in one form or another all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom