UConn football job a worthy stepping stone (Duffy) | The Boneyard

UConn football job a worthy stepping stone (Duffy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not according to at least a few Ball State fans on twitter though....

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
"They call me, Mr. Pibb!"

Reaction Score
Good points made by Duffy. We're primed, ready, and waiting. I like the point made that we went bad the minute Hathaway and the brain trust started their last search. I'll bet Hathaway will have a staffer out early tomorrow buying up any CTPost's for sale on Long Island.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He has some good analogies.

Give me a Dr. Thunder any day of the week.

Reaction Score
Good points made by Duffy. We're primed, ready, and waiting. I like the point made that we went bad the minute Hathaway and the brain trust started their last search. I'll bet Hathaway will have a staffer out early tomorrow buying up any CTPost's for sale on Long Island.
No need...Hofstra's President closed up the football shop before he got there. He can't ruin what isn't there

Reaction Score
Thought it was a great entertaining article. Truth is it sucks to not be in a power conference. However, we have tremendous potential to build a program that could compete every year in AAC and for a BCS bowl

Reaction Score
Thought it was a great entertaining article. Truth is it sucks to not be in a power conference. However, we have tremendous potential to build a program that could compete every year in AAC and for a BCS bowl

Potential to build a program? Yes. Compete every year in AAC? Yes. Compete for a BCS bowl? No. First they are abandoning that system, secondly the AAC ain't breaking into a four team playoff. Best hope for UConn is that they can get into a Power 5 conference as quickly as possible based on the potential they showed 4-5 years ago and based on the fact that they bring awesome programs (i.e., men's & women's hoops, soccer, baseball and so forth).

Reaction Score
"BCS Bowl" is the most overrated phrase in all of sports. If you aren't playing in the 4 team playoff you are just playing another football game, an extension of the regular season and maybe a cool travel destination for your fans, that's it. The declining attendance at these games says it all.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Disagree, the six contract bowls consistently provide a level of prestige, exposure, and quality opponent that the others do not. There is obv more value to a playoff slot, but with only 4 teams, the other BCS bowls retain a lot of value.

Reaction Score
Disagree, the six contract bowls consistently provide a level of prestige, exposure, and quality opponent that the others do not. There is obv more value to a playoff slot, but with only 4 teams, the other BCS bowls retain a lot of value.

BCS bowl is equal to the old "Bowl game on 1 January or after". But I definitely think that these games have lost alot of the luster.

Reaction Score
couple of questions...

1. Are they still called the BCS Bowls if there is no BCS?
2. Do they still have the same payout and TV Coverage?
3. Did they create a new Bowl game for the National Championship game?

Reaction Score
BCS is over. We will have to be the best of conferences; MWC, MAC, CUSA, Sunbelt and AAC to get into the playoffs.
You not only have to be the best in your conference you have to be better than 4 others! I still say that the AAC and MWC are the best of the lower 5 conferences. This is obvious by virtue of the fact that Lembo can make 1.5 million at UCONN and less the 500K in the MAC? I get tired of how Duffy always disses the AAC. This conference is alot better than people give credit for. East Carolina is joining next year and they knocked off NC and NC State this year. UCF beat Penn State and Louisville and lost to South Carolina by 5 points. Other than FSU and Clemson there is not a big difference with the ACC.
Let's see how UCF does in the Fiesta agains Baylor, a team UCONN has knocked off the last two times they played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom