UConn Football Insider: The Offense Must Step Up, Eliminate Errors (Des) | The Boneyard

UConn Football Insider: The Offense Must Step Up, Eliminate Errors (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Frank Verducci seems like a real straight shooter and I'm excited for him to be a part of the staff. My favorite part of the article came from senior guard Tyler Samra:

"Overall, we're all working hard, getting better, cleaning things up" Samra said. "We have to continuing being tough. That's what [strength and conditioning coach Matt] Balis preaches to us and coach [Bob] Diaco. We want to be tough and overcome adversity. That's what this camp has been about, continuing to grind everything out, build our brotherhood and work for a conference championship."

And how do the Huskies do that?

"We're going to continue to run the ball," Samra said. "Run the ball tough and embrace the run because that's what Connecticut was built on. We were built as a running program and that's what we're going to strive to be."

That quote makes me think about the glory years of Uconn football. I really hope they can recapture the smashmouth running game they used to have. Here's to Ron and Arkeel becoming the next Don Brown and Jordan Todman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom